Long term lease

Long term lease

Hi all,

I am a new host here. My property is in the Philippines.

I have several enquiry for long term lease which is ranging from 1 month to 6 months.

If they wanted to book in airbnb, how can I request for utility bills to be paid by the guest especially for those wanted to rent for 3 months or more.

Can I request for security deposits?

What if there is no ID or picture in the profile and the person who want to rent just joined airbnb this month with no reviews, are hosts protected in any untowards situation?

Thanks much.

Jake

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Jake212 I don't think Airbnb is the right platform for long term leases. But to answer your questions, I would have the price high enough so that I can personally pay the bills. You have to be very clear in your description if you plan on charging the guests extra. You can add a security deposit but Airbnb doesn't actually collect unless there is a problem and it is decided that the guest needs to pay. Also you need to figure out a lot of details about long term stays, for example whether you will check out the place and who will do the cleaning and how often. Personally, I would ask the guest to sign a proper agreement, it adds extra protection. But whatever your rules are they need to be visible to the guests before they book. 

Thank you @Ana1136 . Your reply was very informative and useful.