No guest name listed on reservation

Kim134
Level 2
Chicago, IL

No guest name listed on reservation

Hey there fellow hosts,

I just recently approved a reservation for a guest who's profile says his name is "New User."  I'm assuming he did this to keep a sense of anonymity but now that I have accepted his reservation I messaged him to share this information with me.  

I have not heard back from the guest and do not feel comfortable hosting someone in my home whose name I don't even know.  Should I ask Airbnb to help?  Should I cancel the reservation?  What would you do if it were you?

Thanks!

Kim

5 Replies 5
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

in your confirmation email from Airbnb, it lists the full name of the gests, as well as phone number, etc. so maybe just call the guest? or google them and see what comes up... good luck!

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

in your confirmation email from Airbnb, it lists the full name of the gests, as well as phone number, etc. so maybe just call the guest? or google them and see what comes up... good luck!

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You were comfortable accepting the reservation without a name on the profile - I don't understand what has changed?

If you look at the reservation confirmation you will see additional info for your guest

Go to the guest's profile and click the flag button next to his profile info.  Airbnb will prompt you as to why you are flagging it.  

For your safety, only accept reservations from fully verified Airbnb guests.  You can turn this setting on in your listing.  That way, this guest would not have been able to book without going through the validation process which means no "New User" name.  

Cathy57
Level 2
Bellevue, WA

Cancel the reservation. Trust your instincts. No amount of income is worth the stress of not knowing who will be staying in your house. If you are using instant booking, just turn the feature off so you can verify people before accepting their request. Your safety is number one!