Payment Changes

Mark1366
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Payment Changes

My payments have suddenly changed from ‘Airbnb Payments UK’ to Citibank Financial Services Ireland.. along with the change in name has been a dramatic change in timing.. I used to receive the payment next day now payments are taking 7-8 days. 

Is is anyone else seeing something similar?

31 Replies 31

Hi I am in the same situation and want to contact Airbnb but cannot find how to do that! Any idea? Thanks

you just contact them in help section- they say they are investigating why it is now Citibank but.. the delay they say is still within the correct parameters they provide.

Lisa2119
Level 1
Nant Peris, United Kingdom

I thought we had a random payment from Citibank Ireland last week, turns out it is Airbnb! We had no notification of the change in where payments were coming from. 

Mark-and-Julie1
Level 3
United Kingdom

Yes had exactly the same happen last week. Hope it's not going to be like this everytime ? 

Imogen23
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

I am having exactly the same issue.. I have contacted my bank and also airbnb.. no one seems to have any idea.. payments used to arrive the same day as the email from them.. now it is up to a week.. Airbnb just reply that the same thing each time.. that they say allow 7 days for payment to arrive. someone must have an answer

David192
Level 10
Norwich, United Kingdom

Hello there,

Yes, this has happened to me this week. A payment was made (apparently) by AirBNB on Oct 2 but it still isn't in my account as of the afternoon of Oct 4. For years now, a payment made by AirBNB in the morning would be in my account by 1pm on the same day at the latest.

My previous payment (made by AirBNB on Sept 30) got to my account the same day. Curiously, that payment is still showing as status 'Processing' on AirBNB. The payment prior to that (made Sept 27) also hit my account the same day, as did all the ones prior to that. The Sept 27 payment is no longer at status 'Processing'.

Before looking on these forums, I phoned AIrBNB Help to ask them what had happened. The person just stuck to the script and said 'It can take 9 days'. I had already explained that for years now, it has been received by my bank on the same day. I asked for a payment reference which he said he would send. It hasn't arrived. It is really frustrating that AirBNB Help knows nothing about this and won't look into it.

I am very concerned to read in this thread that payments are now taking over a week (it would be helpful if we all could specify whether we mean business days or calendar days in our responses).

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@David192 

re: 'business days or calendar days'.

I've had 4 payments since the changeover. The first took 5 working days to reach my bank account. The remainder 4 working days.

Previously, it was one working day.

David192
Level 10
Norwich, United Kingdom

@Alon1 

Ok thanks. I'll hope to get the Oct 2 payment on Oct 8, then.

It sure would have been nice if AirBNB had proactively informed us well in advance to expect a longer payment cycle. I can see how this sudden change could make things difficult for some people.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@David192 

Indeed! 

I to am in the U.K. and payment receipt has gone from 1-2 days to 5-7.

why when all payments came be made same day?

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Mark1366 @David192 @Imogen23 @Lisa2119 @Pascale420 

See my comment on the thread below. Citibank and Airbnb Payments UK contact details there too if you need them. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Very-slow-payouts/td-p/386055/page/3

David192
Level 10
Norwich, United Kingdom

@Susan17 

Very informative, Susan. Thank you.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@David192 

Can I just ask, which payment processor are you getting paid by? From what I've heard, and seen on threads across several different forums, some hosts seem to be getting paid by Citibank Eire, some by Citibank Financial Services Ireland and others by Citibank Ireland, which does seem a little odd. 

David192
Level 10
Norwich, United Kingdom

@Susan17 

I don't know which processor made the delayed payment, as I haven't received it yet. All the previous ones I can see (all of which arrived same day, with the most recent being Mon 30 Sept i.e. earlier this week) were made by 'AirBNB Payments UK Ltd'.