Pre approval

Answered!
Elen4570
Level 2
Glendale, CA

Pre approval

Hi

The guest had a question for me so she sent an inquiry instead of booking. Now it appears as pre-approve or decline.

She still needs to decide if she wants to go ahead and book the apartment.

Now I’m wondering if it’s better to pre-approve her inquiry or just leave it like that until she makes her decisions?

If I pre-approve and then she doesn’t want to book that pre-approval will be canceled and that will impact on my rate as a cancellation and I’m trying to become a superhost.

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Elen4570  No, it doesn't have anything to do with cancellations. You can prepprove it if you feel okay about the guest. Then she can go on to book. If she doesn't do so within 24 hours, it will just expire, without any penalties to you whatsover. If a booking request comes in in the meantime, and you accept it, that will take precedence over the Inquiry.

On an Inquiry, you have 3 choices- pre-approve, decline or just message back.

Be aware that lots of Inquiries are just that- people asking questions. they may have sent out inquiries to 5 different hosts. You may very likely never hear back from inquiries again.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Elen4570  No, it doesn't have anything to do with cancellations. You can prepprove it if you feel okay about the guest. Then she can go on to book. If she doesn't do so within 24 hours, it will just expire, without any penalties to you whatsover. If a booking request comes in in the meantime, and you accept it, that will take precedence over the Inquiry.

On an Inquiry, you have 3 choices- pre-approve, decline or just message back.

Be aware that lots of Inquiries are just that- people asking questions. they may have sent out inquiries to 5 different hosts. You may very likely never hear back from inquiries again.

Irena96
Level 1
Glendale, CA

@Sarah977 Thank you for your reply.

by the way I have question for cancellation.

When it says that superhost should not cancel reservations, so it refers only to hosts or also the cancellations done by guests?

@Irena96  It's only cancellations that are done by the host. 

Elen4570
Level 2
Glendale, CA

@Sarah977 I found your reply very useful thank you. I see it was not only useful for me.