Re-housing

Answered!
Paige73
Level 6
Lansdowne, PA

Re-housing

Has anyone taken a guest that needed to be moved from another airbnb?

How does that work? Does Airbnb tell you WHY their being moved? Does Airbnb pay extra?  Has anyone had a problem with guests that were moved to your place?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. I don't believe Airbnb tell you why they are being moved? I think they should.

2. Why would Airbnb pay you extra - a booking is a booking 🙂

3. I had a guest stay, when a host did a last minute cancellation. All went well.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. I don't believe Airbnb tell you why they are being moved? I think they should.

2. Why would Airbnb pay you extra - a booking is a booking 🙂

3. I had a guest stay, when a host did a last minute cancellation. All went well.

@Helen3  Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I don't like last minute bookings, so airbnb would have to pay a serious premium. They called in the middle of the night and wanted to move someone over to me immediately. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How completely ridiculous of them to call in the middle of the night  @Paige73 (what time was it by the way).

Did they tell you why?

Can't agree with your comment regarding wanting more money.  If my place is available it makes no difference when a booking comes in. There is no way I would penalise a guest, who has  been let down by another host, but trying to charge them a premium rate.