Respond page is blank

Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

Respond page is blank

This is somewhat of an emergency because I have 21 hours left to respond. A guest sent a booking inquiry, and when I click on "Respond," I get a page with nothing but tye toolbar and links below, no buttons or four relds to type in. i have tried several web browsers, several devices (iPad, phone, desktop) with the same result. This is obviously a bug in Airbnb's web site. Is anyone else having this pronblem?

18 Replies 18
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Bob39  You are a Superhost.  When you became a Superhost, ABB sent you an email (if you had your settings on), that congratulated you as well as provided a dedicated phone number to call as a Superhost.  Call them immediately. That's your best bet. 😉

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

OK thank you.

Rachael26
Level 10
Murphy, NC

@Bob39

If you haven't yet called Airbnb as @Momi0 suggests (and it is the best suggestion) - try clicking on the profile pic of the inquiry guest - and send them a direct message asking them to resend their inquiry. Then clear cache/cookies and try googlechrome browser which Airbnb says works best for their pages. I have heard there is a glitch but I just received an instant book an hour ago and responded with no problem.... so perhaps you might try some alternatives as suggested. Sorry you have to do the work - but it may be a booking and you don't want to lose that!

Best Wishes.

Thank you for your help. I got the booking - the guest sent their inquiry, then I accepted it using the app, then I went on the web site and clicked "change" and that allowed me to set the dates and price correctly, then the guest approved that, so it's all settled. But this was a complicated, roundabout and time-consuming way, especially for the guest. In my opinion, I should be able to extend an offer to a guest, and all they have to do is click on it to accept it, and if necessary enter their payment information. That makes it much easier for the guest and could result in more bookings.

Susan263
Level 2
Joshua Tree, CA

Not exactly the same issue but similar.  My inbox seems to load but the page is blank.  Same for a reservation that I'd like to view "message history", when I select that.... I get a white-out.

I'm a superhost too, love AirBnb but utilized my top-secret number the other day and after 22 minutes of holdtime, I hung up.  

I believe there is a very serious bug in the web site that produces a blank page, or at least a page missing all the info relevant to this reservation request, when you click on the "Respond" link. Or, on an iPad, the "Respond" link does nothing, no response, not even to give you the blank page. They had better fix this right now, or they will lose a lot of bookings.

The way I worked around it today was this: I used the Airbnb app on my phone to simply Accept the reservation, even though the dates and price were wrong. Then I went to a desktop computer and logged in to the web site, and went to my dashboard and clicked on "My reservations" and then clicked on "Change or cancel" for this one, and set the correct check-in and check-out dates, and the correct price, as this was a special offer. Then when I saved this, the guest was sent the change, and when she approved it, the resetvation became confirmed.

But this was a needlessly complex, roundabout way of achieving the booking, not guest-friendly at all. The guest had to log in twice. This method may fail for a less patient guest. They really need to make it so that I can simply and easily extend a special offer to a guest, including the dates and price, and all they have to do is click "Yes" on it and enter their payment info if they haven't already. That would be far more user-friendly and thus would result in a more successful booking rate.

did you ever get this resolved

Yes, but it was a complicated way. I accepted the reservation using the app, then changed the dates and price, then the guest accepted it. So ut was resolved, but it was needlessly complex.

My issue is resolved after having  the same trouble.  The solution was to update my internet browser to the most current version. 

Nicky30
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yep I was having problems with blank pages and unresponsive site. I have just downloaded google chrome onto my device and have managed to get straight onto the site with fully responsive pages. Seems like safari just couldn't connect anymore. 

Jin8
Level 2
New York, NY

I have the same problem only I have been able to use the phone to help me because the computer will not load the respond message box only a blank page what do i do

I had that same trouble and updated my internet browser to the most current version.  Problem solved. 

I have a new inquiry and can't get the respond button to work on the laptop. And now I've gotten a threatening "you need to respond now" type of message from ABB. What do I do?

Are you using the Airbnb app, or accessing the Airbnb web site with a browser? Maybe try the other method.

I think this is a bug in Airbnb's software and I'm amazed they haven't fixed it yet. Each lost reservation because of this bug costs them money.

You can try contacting Airbnb by phone, or email, or Twitter, or you can start a chat session online. I found that to be the quickest way, though I have read on this forum that Twitter is the fastest way to reach them.

You can start a chat session by going to Contact Us, then choosing the selsections that tell you what type of problem you have, then type in a summary, then they will open a chat session. Good luck!