Review for one host but two properties.

Rachel325
Level 1
Bath, United Kingdom

Review for one host but two properties.

We recently stayed in two very different properties provided by the same host. I've written a review for the first, but can't be sure when starting the second one that it's not another review for the first  property as none of them give a title and I went off pictures for the first. While I understand that people may argue that reviews are to describe the host and not the property, I think that many people need details about the property too! And I'm sure that the host would like two reviews, especially as the second property is new! Please help!

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Rachel325,

When you book a listing with a host who has several and leave a review the review appears both on the host's profile and also on the individual listing page.

So, if on each occasion you booked a separate listing your reviews will appear separately when people click on each listing. They will also both appear on the host's profile.

I'm a bit confused when you say " I went off pictures for the first". Was there no Airbnb listing with photos for the second place you stayed? Did you book two separate listings through Airbnb with the host or did the host put you in a different listing from the one you booked, on the secod occasion?

If you booked different places and each time stayed in the one you booked then there's no problem. Your reviews will appear attached to each listing and also on the host's profile.

If you booked one listing and were put in another one then your review will appear attached to the listing you booked, not the one you stayed in.

Steve.

Hi Steve

Many thanks for your reply.

I booked two separate places with the same person, one for two nights and the second for a further two nights. When I received my confirmations via Air BnB, they came through as one confirmation for four nights, with one set of pictures for the first property only and no title other than, 'Taka's Place'. They were in fact two separate houses, the first called 'Guest House Higashiyama Jao' and the second called 'Kikokuan', under two separate listings, and booked separately.

I've left a review for 'Jao' based on the fact that the images coming up were of this particular house. When clicking on the email requesting a review for 'Kikokuan' one picture of the front of this property came up, but the rest of the information seemed to be for 'Jao'. Hence not wanting to complete the review as it seemed as if I'd be reviewing the same place twice. As 'Kikokuan' is new I'm sure that Taka would really like some reviews for this house.

I hope this explains things better!

Kind regards

Rachel