Search results are not precise enough.

Mia0
Level 3
Medveja, Croatia

Search results are not precise enough.

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this was already discuessed, but I think that the search results for a specific location aren't precise enough.

For example, potential guests type in the airbnb search box the exact location where they wanna go, but instead of getting clear informations about that particular city/town they get to see the whole area. I think this could confuse them.

I'm not sure if this happens always, or in big cities, because my place is quite small.

Here is the example; if you type in "Medveja, Croatia": https://www.airbnb.com/s/Medveja--Croatia?guests=&ss_id=a3mjbgst&source=bb&s_tag=q0CC43Zn

Most of the informations are correct, but still, after a while you get a lot of listings that are not located in Medveja.

I hope airbnb can solve this problem and make it more clear for guests and hosts.

Best regards and happy hosting,

Mia

3 Replies 3
Denis19
Level 2
Perpignan, France

Hello Mia , 

Thing is what you've seen is completely normal and happens mainly when there is not enough choice for a specific location + dates to fill the 18 properties per page in the search results. 

Example, instead of showing the only 3 properties that would be the correct results for a search, the results will show 18 results at least. Therefore the map will zoom out to include other nearby properties. 

What happens then is that the most popular properties will be in front of less popular properties, the exact location will not be the main factor. 

This is in the interest of the travellers. This way of working goes for you or against you depending on the availability around you. 

This answer is not correct.  When i search for listings in Long Beach, CA, a large city with multiple pages of listings. the initial search results, even with a specific date, show listins from the larger Los Angeles metro area. I have to navigate to narrow it down to just Long Beach listings, which is not user friendly.

Diane88
Level 2
Spokane Valley, WA

I agree. This is my first time on airbnb and and I searched for a specific location but instead have had to sort through multiple listings that are not in the location I am interested in. A waste of my time.