Split Payments

Answered!
Kirsty32
Level 1
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom

Split Payments

I have booked to stay in an apartment, and have set my payments to split. 

So I paid half at the time of booking, and the other half a few days before I arrive.

Is there a way to pay some of the second half off before the set date?

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Kirsty32,

Airbnb completely controls the payment procedure and takes the payments according to the schedule they give.

The "pay less upfront" terms state "You agree that by selecting the Pay Less Upfront Feature, you may not be able to pay for the booking with a different Payment Method or pursuant to a different payment schedule."

As you want to give them money early they may be open to it. You can contact customer support.

Log in and click on "Help" and then type "contact airbnb" in the "Ask a question ..." box. Then click on the "I want to contact Airbnb" link.
Then click on the "Contact page" link near the end of the page.

You can also type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Kirsty32,

Airbnb completely controls the payment procedure and takes the payments according to the schedule they give.

The "pay less upfront" terms state "You agree that by selecting the Pay Less Upfront Feature, you may not be able to pay for the booking with a different Payment Method or pursuant to a different payment schedule."

As you want to give them money early they may be open to it. You can contact customer support.

Log in and click on "Help" and then type "contact airbnb" in the "Ask a question ..." box. Then click on the "I want to contact Airbnb" link.
Then click on the "Contact page" link near the end of the page.

You can also type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Lauren342
Level 2
East Hampton, NY

i don't see this pay less upfront option?

Bakraam0
Level 2
Milton, Canada

I just found out that guests have 4 days to complete the split payment, and within the 4 days your calender will be booked! this is unbelievable!

@Bakraam0 They also get an additional 48 hours to cancel after that with your strict policy once they fonally pay. So they can now tie up your calendar for 6 days. 

Bakraam and Letitia,

I found out too, and it doesn't make any sense.  I have a strict cancellation so that once folks book, I can pay attention to them, and know they're coming, and this does in fact extend the uncertainty way beyond! I'd like to contact AirBnB about it, and refer to our conversation.  I feel the same cancellation policies should apply, and you should be able to see who's booking like any other reservation, no?  And be able to see that it's a split payment before they book, if they keep this policy, which (again) doesn't make sense.