Starting up hosting in France

Lilian177
Level 1
Saint-Christophe, France

Starting up hosting in France

I live in the department Vienne, Poitou-Charente.  I have read the info that Airbnb provide, but either I am having a senior moment or the info I need is not there.  Who do I need to contact if I am offering a room only in my privately owned house? Reading some of the info it looks like if it is a 'room only' then I do not need to tell anyone, but knowing France I would be surprised if that is actually the case. Hopefully someone will reply, which I thank them for in advance.

2 Replies 2
Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

There is a way to indicate that it is a room only in your listing. It would probably be 'private room in home'. If you are still creating the listing, this is one of the first things asked during setup. If you already selected 'entire house' or 'apartment', you may benefit from starting the creation of a new listing and then looking through the menu options when they ask that question - it's possible it's a bit hidden but it should be around there.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Lilian177 ,

Thanks for taking the time share your question with us on the Community Center. Have you seen this article on the help center  before? I think it will help with your questions: Hosting in France

Do let me know how you get on with the article and if you have any other questions please feel free to reply here!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines