Super Host

Answered!
Ingrid3
Level 2
Tauranga, New Zealand

Super Host

Hi there,

I was looking forward to becoming a Super Host and I thought I had achieved all the requirements, obviously not. Can anyone enlighten me as to where I am not achieving them. I have copied and past my Host Standards.

Thank you. 

Regards Ingrid

This month, you will host 7 guests from 3 cities.
Host Standards
January 1, 2016 - October 15, 2016

45 Completed Trips · Data may be delayed up to 3 days
Commitment Rate

No cancellations this year. You’re committed!

Goal: 100% commitment

100%
Response Rate

79 of 79 enquiries and requests responded to within 24 hours.

Goal: At least 90% response rate

100%
Average Overall Rating

Goal: 4.8 overall star rating

5 Star Trips - 94% of your trips
Becoming a Superhost

You're not meeting the requirements for Superhost status—we hope you will soon! The requirements are measured every 3 months.

Next Assessment: January 1, 2017

Superhost requirements Completed Trips 10 Commitment Rate 100% Response Rate 90% 5 Star Trips 80%

1 Best Answer
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Ingrid3 From what I can see, there is absolutely no reason you shouldn't have recieved your Super Host badge. You've met all the criteria, most definitely. We had the same experience - all I can think is that the system is flawed. You could contact Airbnb & ask. - Karen

View Best Answer in original post

61 Replies 61
Donna63
Level 2
Yarmouth, MA

I have  question regarding me ( a super host for 2 years) reaching out to another host. I'm interesting in contacting other hostsin my area ( Cape Cod) for networking etc. Anythoughts on this , if I try to message them my info is blocked so we can't communicate.

Kim150
Level 2
Highland, UT

I have the same situation.  I  keep waiting for the update and a correction.  How does one even get ahold of them.  There must be a flaw in their system.  I find it frustrating that there is no way to reach them.  Help would be appreciated.  

Grant29
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I have been hosting on AirBnB since October last year. I had to make 1 canlellation in the first weeks of hosting since AirBnB does not sync with other calenders. Since then I have a achieved over 85% occupancy and have a 5star rating 100% response rate. I have the 1 cancellation mark against the property when will this be removed?

@Grant29 Host cancellation penalties last for one year. So if you canceled in October 2016 you would have the penalty until October 2017 and reviews only happen quarterly, so soonest you could be Superhost would be January 15, 2018.

Terri25
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Is there any way to appeal a super host status?  I had one cancellation when I first became a host.  I cancelled within 5 minutes of the reservation request as I had accidentally opened the dates.  I am meeting all of the other criteria.  I would like to appeal it as AirBNB should be able to verify how quickly my potential guest was notified plus it has now been 8 months.  One year seems like a very long time.

I had the same problem and almost a year and a half later I still am not qualified. You can see my other posts. I call every month and get a new story every time. 

Even if you are appeling, there must be sufficient ground to assret your view. When a guest book your property, he/she is trusting your listing and proceeding to confirm the booking. Based on whither theri other plans revolve around. But if there are extra-ordinary situations surrounding your cancellation, such as the guest not having displayed thier proper image (photos), or the guest try to reach out to you with extra-ordinary reqeustst, airbnb is always receptive to listen to you. Hope this response helps you. Best, RK

Ann222
Level 1
North Carolina, United States

Wouldn't it be nice if Airbnb offered their Superhosts a Perk?----like no Airbnb service charge when we travel and pay for a booking?

Superhosts are valued and very profitable for the company, so a little appreciation would feel good. Your thoughts?

Welcome0
Level 10
Hicksville, NY

I finally made Super Host. I missed it last time,  because I was shy of one booking. I had 9 reviews.  I don't think it will make much difference, but it's nice to be recognized! 

I qualified over six months ago and every month but never actually achieve the super host symbol or status. I call and they tell me there is a bug in the system and they will refer it to the super host committee. And I never hear from them until I call again and get another apologetic story. The last one was they were writing a ticket for the bug!  I should receive super host on October 7th. 

I love being a host. But I find this stroke job very frustrating. We have 100% reviews and all our guests have been very satisfied. Over 40 people have given 100% in all categories. I ask how much more can I do. When I call I get a new story. Anybody have a suggestion. 

Did anybody get an email saying "congrats your are  a super host" and then never show up on your listing? In fact it says you are almost a super host. I called and a guy from India, I love people from India, I have an accent myself being from Argentina, but I still could not get an answer. My husband and I were so happy and now  "NADA"! 

Grant29
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I have complied with all criteria and was wating for my super host status on the 14th ~Oct. I received a message stating "almost Super host" next assesemnt in Jan. Very dissapointing half ass service from Air BnB. Esepically since I have waited a year since I had to cancle my first booking due to the fact that air bnb does not sync with my other booking platform calenders and hence the double booking in my first month. What I also find odd is that air bnb now allows one transgression of this nature and indicated that ti will not effect once eligiligty for super host status. 

this is old... we got our badge a couple days after...

@Maria1392 wrote:

Did anybody get an email saying "congrats your are  a super host" and then never show up on your listing? In fact it says you are almost a super host. I called and a guy from India, I love people from India, I have an accent myself being from Argentina, but I still could not get an answer. My husband and I were so happy and now  "NADA"! 

Sion2
Level 10
SF, CA

I have qualified and over qualified for Superhost status but after review they said I had to wait until Jan’s review. I exceeded every requirement all Five stars and 100% in every stat. Then I saw several Superhosts with only 1-7 reviews!!! So it seems really unfair. I am doing the work