TV broken from my arrival, host does not want to help me

Answered!
Paola407
Level 1
Lugano, Switzerland

TV broken from my arrival, host does not want to help me

I am currently booking a flat during 2 weeks.

I am alone in the apartment, so sometimes I would like to watch tv in the evenings.

From the day of my arrival I saw that the TV does not work. I wrote to my host to ask him for help.

The host, who before my arrival used to answer  very quickto all my e-mails, now does not answer to me. I already wrote him 4 times.

Yesterday, finally, he said he would come home and check the TV out. He didn't tell me at what time he would come, so I stayed all the afternoon and evening at home, waiting for him. He didn't appeared. Today I wrote hime again. No answer so far.

What can I do? Is there a chance to ask for a refound? I still have to spend 11 nights in this flat...

Thank you for your help!

1 Best Answer
Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

@Paola407

Hi - bad luck with the TV. As a host, I would want to fix this immediately, or offer some sort of refund. Not all hosts are the same, though.

Did the listing say a TV was available? If so, then I would definitely contact Airbnb and ask them to help. You should get some money back, at least.

Search for 'Airbnb Switzerland phone' on this forum - https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Contact-Airbnb-by-phone/m-p/2985/highlight/true#M470

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

@Paola407

Hi - bad luck with the TV. As a host, I would want to fix this immediately, or offer some sort of refund. Not all hosts are the same, though.

Did the listing say a TV was available? If so, then I would definitely contact Airbnb and ask them to help. You should get some money back, at least.

Search for 'Airbnb Switzerland phone' on this forum - https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Contact-Airbnb-by-phone/m-p/2985/highlight/true#M470

Thank you Ben!

I will definitely follow your advice!

Cheers!