The amount payable when making a booking

Answered!
Maretha1
Level 2
Western Cape, South Africa

The amount payable when making a booking

I hope you could help me and in the process also the upcoming reservation of Elizabeth

[Personal info hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Her confirmation code: HMANKWKP43

Booking date: 30 May 2019

My question is if it is possible for a guest to make a booking by only paying 50% deposit?

Elizabeth contacted me to ask how she can pay the balance, as she only made payment for

R1 578,98 on the 7June which was 50%
and she says she can't manage to get into your payment system.
Could you please contact her?
Phone: [Personal info hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Maretha1  This is a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb itself, so no one here has access to your account or can do anything on your behalf. If you need to contact Airbnb, there is a large pinned post on the first page of this Help foum where you posted "Contact Airbnb" that tells you all the ways to do so.

But in this case, you don't really need to contact them. Yes, guests are often given the option of paying for half the reservation up front when they book, and the other half is charged to them a week or so before check-in. Your guest should have received something from Airbnb when she booked, stating when the other half of the payment will be due-ask her to check her Invoice. 

The guest doesn't need to do anything about the other half of the payment, aside from making sure she has enough money for the charge to go through- like making sure her credit card isn't maxed out-they don't choose when to pay it- it will be automatically charged by Airbnb. If your guest has any questions about her payment, she'll need to contact Airbnb herself.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Maretha1  This is a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb itself, so no one here has access to your account or can do anything on your behalf. If you need to contact Airbnb, there is a large pinned post on the first page of this Help foum where you posted "Contact Airbnb" that tells you all the ways to do so.

But in this case, you don't really need to contact them. Yes, guests are often given the option of paying for half the reservation up front when they book, and the other half is charged to them a week or so before check-in. Your guest should have received something from Airbnb when she booked, stating when the other half of the payment will be due-ask her to check her Invoice. 

The guest doesn't need to do anything about the other half of the payment, aside from making sure she has enough money for the charge to go through- like making sure her credit card isn't maxed out-they don't choose when to pay it- it will be automatically charged by Airbnb. If your guest has any questions about her payment, she'll need to contact Airbnb herself.

Maretha1
Level 2
Western Cape, South Africa

Thank you so much Sarah!