Tips for 2020 Hosting

Jillian54
Level 2
South Charleston, OH

Tips for 2020 Hosting

Hey all, I have been hosting for a little over a year now. I was renting out our two spare bedrooms as one listing. However, I decided that this prevented us from double booking especially when guests only needed to use 1/2 of the rooms during their stay. Today, I split the rooms into separate listings. Does anyone have any tips to improve my listing(s) that would help propel them forward? We are kind of a small town/niche guest type so during holiday seasons, it tends to get slow. Thanks!! 

2 Replies 2
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Julian

I would also create a 3rd listing, with both rooms, so you would appear to people looking a place with 2 rooms as well. Just make sure the calendars are sinked, so if 1 of the single rooms is booked, you block the listing with the 2 rooms.

And mention, on the single rooms, that you also rent another room - so the guests know that other guests may be around.

Just to manage expectations.

Alexandra825
Level 1
Patchogue, NY

Be very clear that there are two rooms available but booking this listing without the other would result in booking only one room. Have the link to the other room in the listing so guests can book both rooms if they so desire. When a guest books just quickly ask the clarifying question that they understand that they booked one room if they wanted both rooms they would need to book both rooms and include the link to the other room. Make the rooms visibly different so they look like separate spaces. Different patterned comforters, different paint color, etc.