Unable to change number of guests on booking

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

Unable to change number of guests on booking

Guest booked for one guest and arrived this evening with a second guest. The guest tried to change the number of guests through the App but it wouldn't work so I tried changing it through my App and had the same problem. Have other hosts had the same or similar issues today with the App?

13 Replies 13
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can’t change it once the booking had started you or the guest needs to contact Airbnb to add the extra guest. @Moira21 

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Helen3  Should the Resolution still work where I can request money from the guest whether they're Upcoming, Current or Complete. I tried this way but again it didn't work.

The guest has an old telephone number on her account so Airbnb wouldn't be able to speak to her to arrange payment.

She questioned the fact that my listing shows as 2 people for the listing but I tried explaining that is the max. number of guests who can stay.The guest should have entered in the drop down box the number of guests but chose to ignore this. My listing is correct. For future 1 guest bookings I'm going to ask the guest in advance of arrival if it is just themselves who will be staying. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As I said you need to call Airbnb to add the guest to the booking. 

It is clear that if she  wanted two to stay she should have booked for two.

she will be sent a request to amend which she needs to accept. If she doesn’t you can ask her to leave. 

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

I've let this go on this occasion as it's never happened before. It's only for 2 nights and she (the guest) doesn't seem or want to understand when I explained what she had done. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Moira21 

Please at least mention this in your review to forewarn future hosts. It is a common scam for guests to do this and easily resolved through a call to Airbnb.

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

That was my thinking. I'm curious to see if she did the same at the Airbnb she had stayed at prior to coming to me. That's if she is reviewed!!

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helen3 @Moira21 

Helen, not for the first time I beg to differ on this point.

However, I don't use App only desktop computer. I don't know if it makes a difference?

Currently, I have 2 set of guests, so I can check active bookings.

I can cleary see on my screen: CHANGE of CANCEL Reservation:

Click on Change:

What do you want to change?

Dates

Guests

Price

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

So you are confirming that you can see this for guests that have already started their stay with you @Alon1 

Can you screenshot so we can see what you are seeing?

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yes.

First guest currently here, arrived 5th September departing 5th October.

Second guest(s), arrived 21st September, departing 29th September. 

I'm not proficient with tech. So I can't screenshot without help.

But I can copy & paste as I'm doing for the 2nd set of guests. (I've deleted a number of details re payments, guest phone & email, etc.)

Guests
2 adults
Check-in
Sat, Sep 21, 2019
Checkout
Sun, Sep 29, 2019
Booking date
Tue, Sep 3, 2019
Confirmation code
HMAPW4QWBK

Private notes

These won’t be shown to guests.

@Helen3

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

ps. then Click on Change

What would you like to do?

Change Reservation
Change dates, listing, number of guests, or price.

What do you want to change?

Dates

Guests
2 guests

Price

@Helen3

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Alon1  Yes, it's all clear to see on the guests booking and allowed me to change the number of guests but would not allow me to complete the change. This was on both 'Change' reservation and through the 'Resolution Centre'

This should be a quick fix in this type of situation without having to go through the long winded route.

I'm sure there's an issue with the App.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Moira21 @Helen3 

In addition to App, don't you use desktop or laptop?

If you've tried all avenues without success, then your only option as Helen advises, phone Airbnb.

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Alon1 No, I only use the App on my phone. It's a lesson learned and I'll check in future that a booking is only for one guest or two.