Zoning Issue Laguna Niguel, CA

Answered!
Kouroush0
Level 2
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Zoning Issue Laguna Niguel, CA

Is any other Host is Laguna Niguel facing Zoning Issues and min 30 Days Stay etc.  Would be interested to hear about your experience and if you have decided on a way around this problem .....

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello @Kouroush0 , I notice you are in RSM.  I moved from RSM 6 years ago and have been involved with AirBNB for over 4 years.  As for Laguna Niguel,  I  am aware of how cities are able to monitor websites such as Air BNB (my city, La Quinta, does) and should you be found to be violating municipal regulations and are reported, Air BNB will delete your listing.  Also, this is a public forum so it might not be the safest way to have this type of discussion.

Perhaps another tactic, would be to either start a Short Term Rental group or perhaps there is already a group that you can develop a plan to approach the City to change the regulations.  Due to a certain amount of STR host abuse and hotel lobbying, many cities passed knee-jerk anti-STR regulations.  Palm Springs has been struggling with resident versus guest needs for quite a while.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello @Kouroush0 , I notice you are in RSM.  I moved from RSM 6 years ago and have been involved with AirBNB for over 4 years.  As for Laguna Niguel,  I  am aware of how cities are able to monitor websites such as Air BNB (my city, La Quinta, does) and should you be found to be violating municipal regulations and are reported, Air BNB will delete your listing.  Also, this is a public forum so it might not be the safest way to have this type of discussion.

Perhaps another tactic, would be to either start a Short Term Rental group or perhaps there is already a group that you can develop a plan to approach the City to change the regulations.  Due to a certain amount of STR host abuse and hotel lobbying, many cities passed knee-jerk anti-STR regulations.  Palm Springs has been struggling with resident versus guest needs for quite a while.

Kouroush0
Level 2
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Many thanks Linda. Much appreciated!!