airbnb refused payment

airbnb refused payment

On 3.8.2109. guests sent reservation request 20 minutes prior wished check in,evening at about 8.20pm,for 4 nights.I have strict policy

I accepted this request .However It turned in Awaitng payment status. Guest canceled after this .

On my reservation list I have this cancelation with fees 192.50 euro to be paid.

Airbnb refused to pay by saying : you did not accept this request.

I wrote to them,Yes I accepted and it turned in AWAITING PAYMET!

Airbnb ignore reservation list,ignore all what system collected in this process. I accepted this request and it has been cancelled by guests 20 minutes prior arrival and all is stated in my reservation list wth cancelation feel in full amount.

Guests wrote me,they did not pay because of bad wifi signal.

Can any kind host help with this

Ps.Customer service refuse to answer,they are unprofessional ,extremly,rude.no answer four days days.

11 Replies 11
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Veronika42 the guest has 24h to pay after you accept the request, if they didn't pay Airbnb has nowhere to pay you from. The reservation was "awaiting payment", they never paid so it wasn't confirmed. If it was confirmed and paid, and they canceled then you will get paid according to your cancelation policy. 

Guests sent request 20 minutes prior check in.In this case it is not 24 hrs payment time.All requests what are accepted are under cancelation policy.

I wolud like not to give answer what doe not correspont to this situation case.

Your answer is correct only if reqest is sent for the future reservations,not for the same day reservations.

Customer service wrote: If request is accepted ,in this case it is under cancelation policy.

Request were accepted.

Again,This cancelation were in my reservation list with cancellation fee. system processed this reservation.

1. Reservation statuses-https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/363/what-does-each-reservation-status-mean
  2. What does each reservation status mean  - Airbnb Help Center.pngAirbnb in this article does not make difference between accepted and confirmed reservation
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Veronika42   Apparently when you accept same day bookings, there is a higher than usual situation in which the guest payment does  not go through and either the guest gets a free night or cancels and then you get nothing.  Either way, perhaps same day is not a good deal on this platform.  Would you agree?

Absolutely,I agree with you. I can not believe that this awaiting payment situation ( can be called "awaiting cancelation" )is  in such unsecured level of communication between guest and host.

I do not believe that Airbnb system is so simple that guest can jump here ,send request ,receive accepting reservation and without validated payment method.

Any host can not go live listed without payment method.

I believe guests can not go live into reservation process without payment method. The true of this "awaiting payment-cancelation" is hidden.

Someone can go in touch with cancelation fees. If not host ,someone does.

Host or guests can not jump  into Airbnb system without verifying payment method.

This is first what will be verified by Airbnb. 😉

requirements to bookrequirements to book

According to the Airbnb rules,guests can not go into reservation request without payment information. This "awaiting payment-cancelation" is not according Airbnb rules requirements for the guests. Guests who go into live reservation process for sure have verified payment method,according this rules.

How is possible that accepted reservation turn into "awaiting payment"-Awaiting cancelation" if guest are not allowed to have awaiting period for the payment.

This awaiting payments it can happen only in rare case when guest accidetally have something to change in payment methods.

How do I book a place on Airbnb  - Airbnb Help Center.png

According to the Airbnb requiremets to book ,----guests must enter payment details before sending reservation request!

So,awaiting payment is not approval for not paying or free cancelation on the same day reservations-

Awaiting payment  can not reflect host in negative way according to the Airbnb rules,based on this Book requiremnets and reservation request requirements what are impossible without payment method verified by guest.

How do I submit a reservation request  - Airbnb Help Center.png

Reservation request are impossible without guests verified payment method.

So ,there is no awaiting payment. All payment are in real live time.In rare case  guests can have payment problem,however it can not be 50 % of reservation requests awaiting! It is impossible according Airbnb rules.