i canceled but calendar has not cleared

Richard25
Level 1
Austin, TX

i canceled but calendar has not cleared

as a host, i canceled a reservation but the calendar has not cleared.

how does one get the calendar to clear??

thanks.

9 Replies 9
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

The calendar does not clear when you cancel as a host.  It is one of the penalties of host cancellation.

so what do i do about it??

it was my first airbnb listing and i did it wrong??

There is not much you can do about it.  It is a lesson learnt.  Now take some time to learn about airbnb and cancelling on a guest.

Here is another one on the same subject and the issue is on the forum on almost a daily basis.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/cancelation/m-p/26296#M2684

Hi Richard,

There is a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to Airbnb. You are showing 3 listings right now. Is that how many you have?

I would contact Airbnb and explain the situation to them. It could be also that you wish to still host this guest but got confused.

I would start by reading as much as you can on hosting by visiting Airbnb's help articles and also checking out some of my Help Guides here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Getting-Started/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#U23100

Good luck and hopefully you take the time to learn.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

thanks for the answers. 

i contacted airbnb on chat, explained the issue, they understood and kindly removed the block.  lesson learned.

btw, it is perhaps a bit presumptuous to assume one has not taken the time to learn.

regards to all.

Hi @Richard25,

I "WAS" glad that I was able to help you with the advice I provided to contact Airbnb to solve your issue until I read your comment in your last post.  I was also going to say in my original post for @Marit-Anne0 to not be so hard on you when she said, "It is a lesson learnt".

In hindsight, I wish Airbnb would have only unblocked your calendar but still left the automated response on your reviews.  I do believe you have a great deal to learn and you will find that a lot of experienced hosts know when a new host "has not taken the time to learn" and that we are usually not being "presumptious".  One of the first things a host learns is "What happens when a host cancels".

I am also sure when you contacted Airbnb, you told them, "I didn't know what I was doing ".  

By looking at your three listings, I can tell that you do need to take the time to learn and research how to make your listings desirable.  I have so much to say here about your listings but by me saying them, it will only help you and prevent you from doing some work yourself.  BTW (this means "by the way"), when I rent one room, do I get both beds in the pictures?

For some reason I actually felt sorry for you and offered advice but now @Richard25 I only wish you the best with your future hosting with Airbnb.

I will leave you with one post you should probably read as to the reason why several people will not help other hosts on this Community Center like YOU! : https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/This-is-not-a-Community-Center-it-is-one-big-Help-Li...

I think like many other experienced hosts, it might be time for me to take a break from the Community Center due to unthankful @Richard25's out there.

Happy hosting @Richard25!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Dave-and-Deb0 @Richard25....10 out of 10 Dave. I cannot think of anyone other than you and Clare who give such a volume of GOOD advice to so many seemingly ungrateful people!!

All you are trying to do is give freely of your time, in an endeavour to assist others you have never met, for absolutely no reward.....and yet you get criticised for it. Honestly some of these people have more front than Macys.

Even in my own very limited participation, I at times wouldn't mind the courtesy of a one line thank you, but it very rarely happens.

Some times, you must seriously say Dave.....is it worth it!!....cheers.....Rob

@Richard25

I just used my common sense - if you did know, you would not really need to ask questions on the forum. And I am used to pay for my mistakes.....

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

You'll definitely want to review all the hosting information in the help area. You don't want to miss important information such as this issue.