rejected payment

Nandhi0
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

rejected payment

Hi All:

I did some reservations recently but somehow Airbnb has the option to split the pay in two dates and this option is autimatically selected, I did the reservation and the second payment was rejected by my bank but because that credit card had a problem, now I want to do the payment with another paymen method, how can I do this ?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Dana292
Level 1
Oradea, Romania

I tried several times with a VISA card to make the reservation. transaction failed every time. I changed the browsers, the same problem. The forum helped me a lot, I did not wait for their response (from airbnb), it would have increased my frustration. Thank you all for sharing and for showing me that I was not alone with this issue. I asked at my bank again, they confirmed the problem is not with the bank. The lady suggested to call the phone number on the card and ask about my transactions. I did that and there was my problem, in my case. The card administrator had to modify the settings to allow the transaction. They said it is because airbnb does not communicate to the bank the full information (something to do with cvv, maybe, but I cannot tell you for sure).  Better safe and transaction declined than sorry. This could be like a measure of over-protection, which is rather a good thing.  Good luck !