reservation change

Answered!
Ljiljana7
Level 1
Niš, Serbia

reservation change

Please help! I do not want to approve a change in guest booking! He paid a stay in the apartment for two weeks. Everything was fine, he was pleased with the accommodation and reception! then he went away in a week! !! Now he are constantly contact me and he are looking for a week's return !!! I've lost other guests from the her of booking! I do not want to accept the reservation change !!

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It is not mandatory to accept a reservation change, @Ljiljana7. That is why you get a request rather than just a notification. It is fine to say no. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It is not mandatory to accept a reservation change, @Ljiljana7. That is why you get a request rather than just a notification. It is fine to say no. 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Ljiljana7

With your flexible cancellation policy, the guest can simply cancel and get a refund, so I do not quite understand why he is asking for a reservation change.  

Not only that! He constantly sends threats and insulting messages to me because I did not accept the change of reservation. I'm so frustrated with him!

I have a guest that just booked 10 days with me and after one day they want to change reservation to just the one day. I’m not sure what to do either.

Just scanning through topics here... my opinion is that if the reservation dates have begun, and then they want to change from 10 days to 1, or 2 weeks to 1, that should be declined. Guest booked those dates which has prevented other bookings from occurring, so then for the guest to just cancel during the booking would be a loss and is simply not fair or right.