Airbnb Rule Sets Issue

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

Airbnb Rule Sets Issue

Hi Hosts,

Have anybody noticed that the changes on the display of price after applying the rule sets?

I used to see that the booking section of the listing shows an original price and then a discount line when a rule set applied. Now I don't see the original price and the discount line. The price shown is the price after discount is applied.

This defeats part of the purpose why a rule set is used. 

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mike1034 

The "rule set" option has changed a few times since it is introduced.

Each time it becomes less user-friendly and you need more and more clicks (at least 17 !!!! ) to set a single rule. It is soooo frustrating! You get carpal tunnel syndrome until you are finished.

A few days ago I tried to set a rule for a few days in a row. Those days had two different prices ( New year period) and I couldn't save a min stay rule. I had to set the same price for all days first, then set a rule and then change prices again.

I don't know who is the genius who designed this stuff but I know I could do it much better. This sucks.

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Branka-and-Silvia0 Thanks for your rensponse. Do you remember that the original price and discount amount (%) are displayed on the booking section when a rule set is applied? It is just like the built-in weekly or monthly discount. Original price shows on top and then monthly or weekly discount if either is set.

That setup tells customer that there is a sale discount at present for the selected dates. Without that feature, you don’t have to use the complex rule set to set the discount price. It is much quicker to just click on the date range and set a discounted price.