Calendar problems

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

Calendar problems

A guest was attempting to make a booking but his calendar showed his last day (Thursday) as not available. A new booking check-in is Friday. My settings allow guests to book on that basis and I've not had problems previously. Has anyone else encountered this issue as it could cost me future bookings if not resolved?

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Moira21 

it seems there was/is a glitch with calendars lately.

Today our guest wanted to book our place and his calendar was messed up showing wrong days/dates. For example, May 11th is Saturday but the calendar showed it as Sunday. Nonavailable dates were shown as available.

He sends us his screenshot and it looked different than on my mobile phone  (mine calendar on mobile and on desktop works fine)

One host posted he received 2 bookings for the same dates, both from Airbnb, both in the same time.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 Yes, I've looked at the site calendar and some dates are shaded (not crossed out) the day before a booking. This must be something to do with the issue. I've double checked my settings and it allows back to back bookings so can't see why new bookings aren't allowed. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Moira21 

Yeah Moira, I had the same thing happen with my last guest! They wanted to book for 7 nights but there was another guest arriving on what would have been the day of their check-out. I have a nill preparation time and I accept same day bookings but the system would not let them book that 7th night. So I just blocked it on my calendar and gave it to them no charge because they would have got a weekly discount if they had been able to book it.

It all worked out ok but it does appear that there is a problem there so I am going to pass this on to Admin to look into!

Thanks for bringing it up Moira!

Cheers.......Rob

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Robin4
@Ro@Robin4 wrote:

@Moira21 

Yeah Moira, I had the same thing happen with my last guest! They wanted to book for 7 nights but there was another guest arriving on what would have been the day of their check-out. I have a nill preparation time and I accept same day bookings but the system would not let them book that 7th night. So I just blocked it on my calendar and gave it to them no charge because they would have got a weekly discount if they had been able to book it.

It all worked out ok but it does appear that there is a problem there so I am going to pass this on to Admin to look into!

Thanks for bringing it up Moira!

Cheers.......Rob

@Robin4 Hi Rob, did you contact Admin with this issue, and if so was it rectified for you? I'm wondering if it's an overall problem or isolated to some hosts' calendars. 

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Robin4 Thanks Rob, I'm just wondering if this issue has lost me bookings as I wouldn't have known there's a problem if the guest hadn't contacted me.