Call for feedback: Topic: Marking a message read in AirBnB chat between guest and host

Patricia741
Level 10
Rösrath, Germany

Call for feedback: Topic: Marking a message read in AirBnB chat between guest and host

Call for feedback: Topic: Marking a message read in AirBnB chat between guest and host.

In the mobile app WhatsApp, there is the following marking, if one acts here: A single tick, two ticks, and they are coloured grey or blue.

A grey tick means that the message was successfully delivered to the receiver.

Two grey ticks mean that the message has been sent and appeared on the recipient's smartphone.

Two blue ticks (dependant the receivers WhatsApp settings) mean the message has been read by the receiver.

Such a feature would be great for written communication with the guests, both from the PC and the app, especially for the appointment of check-in times!

Aufruf zum Feedback : Thema :  Kennzeichnung einer gelesenen Nachricht im AirBnB chat zwischen Gast und Gastgeber.

In den Handy Funktionen bei whats app gibt es folgende Kennzeichnung, wenn man hier agiert:
Ein Haken, zwei Haken, grau oder blau.
Ein grauer Haken bedeutet, dass die Nachricht erfolgreich versendet bzw. an den WhatsApp-Server geschickt wurde.
Zwei graue Haken bedeuten, dass die Nachricht versendet wurde und auf dem Smartphone des Empfängers erschienen ist.
Zwei blaue Haken, je nach Einstellung beim Empfänger ist die Nachricht, auch für den Versender sichtbar, gelesen worden.

Eine derartige Funktion wäre wünschenswert für die schriftliche Kommunikation mit den Gästen und zwar vom PC und von der App aus, besonders für die
Verabredung von check-in Zeiten.

Note to @Patricia741  - I've edited your translation to make it more understandable to the English speaking community 🙂

9 Replies 9
Patricia741
Level 10
Rösrath, Germany

https://www.airbnb.de/help/feedback     Best reagard and thank you for your help.

Patricia741
Level 10
Rösrath, Germany

Thank you for your kudo, even better would be a comment or completing the feedback form. Best regards Patricia

Ralf5
Level 10
Inzell, Germany

@Patricia741 ,

I am always doing a personal check-in and of course I want to agree a check-in time with my guest. Unfortunately some guests just don't answer to any messages, so I am sending them an e-mail as well as a text message to let them know, that I might be back from work half an hour later as usual and if this would cause any problems (my check-in starts at 5 pm). - No answer -

So I leave my business meeting earlier and need to rush to get back in time - wait 35 minutes and the guest show up. I ask them if they didn't get my message and they tell me "yes, of course, but we didn't see any need to reply because for us it was clear to arrvive half an hour later"...

For cases like this (I had quite a few similar cases in the last couple of years) I think it would make our lifes a lot easier to know whether a guest did read a message or not!

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Patricia741 

I agree it would be handy to know if guests actually read our messages. The little check marks like appear with the WhatsApp would be very helpful.

Christine479
Level 2
Tarome, Australia

Definitely would be welcome here specially after being given. 1 star for check in when I dared ask the guest if shad received my email and text message (3 in all), of course was her answer!

Patricia741
Level 10
Rösrath, Germany

@ all    https://www.airbnb.de/help/feedback

Thanks for the many calls (13-5-2019 / 280 views). I hope many shared my idea in the feedback. Thank you for your time and support! Best regards Patricia

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

Oh yes please! I've asked for this before. I sometimes get no reponses and there are times when it's important that I reach a guest. I feel like I'm harrassing them if I message through the app and then have to text or call them directly. I prefer to message through the app first so that all the correspondence is in the same place and "on the record."

Patricia741
Level 10
Rösrath, Germany

Thank you for your support Patricia     326 views/ 16-5-2019

@ all    https://www.airbnb.de/help/feedback

Louise26
Level 2
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

Agree that this would be very useful. Have asked Airbnb many times but had no response to this suggestion. It’s an obvious thing to include, especially for check- ins. 

Cannot understand why it’s not been done. 

Either way a reply or explanation would be good.