Carbon monoxide detector

Carbon monoxide detector

Does the carbon monoxide detector apply to Australian hosts?

My listing is business ready, all except for the carbon monoxide detector.

We do however have smoke alarms fitted.

8 Replies 8
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

You could try to get Airbnb to eliminate this requirement. Or you can just buy a CO detector. Which do you think is simpler?

Pummy0
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

I have some problem with CO detector was alarm last night while guest sleeping. How can I fix it? The building officer take it out already. 

Hopefully it didn't detect CO but i think you need to try batteries or replacing the unit.

Andrew
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Pummy0, I notice you are in Bangkok. Is it very humid at the moment? Extreme humidity can set these alarms off. Which is a good reason not to position them too close to bathrooms etc, as billowing steam can do it.

Donna130
Level 1
Noosa Heads, AU

I want to know the same thing , I have small one bedroom fitted with a smoke detector all ready for bussiness ready. Did you find out?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I don't understand why we have to have carbon monoxide and smoke detectors to be business ready but we don't have to have them for other guests and children? Especially when in Child safety requirements is written that we should have both of the detectors.

It makes no sense

Business people are guests like any other... ok, they maybe need one more table and lamp for laptop and paperwork and that's it....

Martin--and-Eli0
Level 1
Geelong, Australia

hi Kathy

did you ask airbnb any questions - like to take it ths requireonments off?

Or you were made business ready when you got all requireonments - except this Carbon detectors? 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Are carbon monoxide detectors extremely expensive in Australia? Is that what is holding you back? They are around $35 CDN in Canada. Worth it for many reasons, but especially if you are going for the business crowd.