Congratulations Stephanie !!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Congratulations Stephanie !!

In another thread @Stephanie has confirmed she's pregnant and expecting her baby in July

@Cathie19 @Huma0 @Robin4 @Ria0 @Kath9 and

@everyone else please tag others and share our joy for @Stephanie fabulous news.

Congratulations and all the very best to add to your family.

Shall we have a guessing game what the baby will be, girl or boy, twins, triplets and what the baby or babies will be called???

I'm picking a strawberry related name 😉

65 Replies 65

In Spanish, strawberry is Fresa. Unfortunately, in Mexico (not sure about other Latin American countries), it's also used as slang to mean a snotty upper-class city girl who thinks she's hot s**t.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Congratulatioooons @Stephanie !!! :)))) ❤️ ❤️ ---<--@

Ann783
Level 10
New York, NY

Congratulations .@Stephanie - such great news.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Stephanie 

What wonderful news, I am so pleased for the both of you, and when you try for something for so long it becomes that much more exciting and precious.

Of course I would have to say it but.....a unisex name is the way to go, you are safe no matter what the situation.

When Ade and I started going out, we would be introduced to people we didn't know as 'Robin and Adrienne' and it gave folks a devil of a time trying to work out who was who. We used to play along with it and deliberately refer to each other as , darling, my girl, honey, he, she......we did everything to keep the intrigue going until it would bring someone to bursting point and they would have to say...."Who is who"!

It took the wonderful Andrea Wagner @Andrea9  from Amsterdam, one of the regular contributors here for a long time, more than a year to work out if Robin4 was, Robin the he....... or Robin the she

On the pregnancy thing, Ade put her foot in it one night! We were introduced to a new group of people, and in an endeavour to start conversation Ade said to one rather dumpy girl, "When's the baby due?" and the woman said rather indignantly....."I'm not pregnant"!!!! 

Lovely news to hear Steph, make the most of it, I have already raised a glass or two, doing a bit of practice head wetting....in fact seeing as you're on an alcohol sabbatical,  I have been raising your glass as well, hope you don't mind!

Cheers......Rob

So, I assume your cruise is permanently delayed? 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Cathie19 

Hi Cathie, if you were referring to ours, no it's still on, we have deferred it and are now scheduled to depart here in Adelaide on the 15th November. If you want to catch up when we get to your part of the country l will send you our itinerary.

Hope you're all good up there Cathie.

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4  I have a friend named Gary who was married to a woman named Abby. They used to refer to themselves as "Gaby".

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Stephanie congrats!

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Congrats @Stephanie , wonder how man CVB's (Corona Virus Babies) will be created during the lockdown, bet it will dwarf the Upstate NY SSB's from a couple years ago (snow storm babies).  I suspect the cat might not be nearly as excited about the new person pet, maybe a little extra catnip to take the edge off, (Maybe some for the humans as well)!.  God bless your baby and family, John 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Melodie-And-John0 ,

Technically not a coronakid because they were conceived last year rather than the boredom of isolation like so many jest. The cat had to deal with the dog, this will be a cake walk.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

As a retired infant/toddler teacher let me start the inevitable cascade of well meant advice: Pick a song you love, one in a range you can sing (you don't really need to be in tune) and start singing it to your little bump on a regular basis. Encourage your partner to do the same. Your baby is already listening to you & will recognize the song after being born, it will amaze & delight you to see the response . Babies are amazing, they start learning about the world the minute they're born. The more you talk & sing to your baby the more robust their language development, what a wonderful, scary, heart expanding journey you have embarked on -congratulations!

p.s. New born infants  smell amazingly good, that first poop is amazingly weird XO

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

HAHA @Sally221 , my husband started doing this already but he picked bloody Arctic Monkeys:

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Sally221 what lovely advice 🙂

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

To you both and your rainbow baby @Stephanie Congratulations !

Take care and stay well!

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Well, my go to song was "Ripple" by the Grateful dead which may be all anyone needs to know about when & where I grew up! I sang that song at every bed time & when my big kid was cranky & jet lagged on our big mom & son trip to G.B. it still made him sleepy! It was my only trip out of the U.S. (Tintagel, baby!!) & I'll always treasure my memories of the outgoing & friendly people we met, some of whom saved us from being squished by lorries when we stepped into oncoming traffic. I think I must look out "I quit" now as it was our slap song as we drove down the spectacular Cornish coast, XO