Damaged towels

Dana240
Level 2
Hilton Head Island, SC

Damaged towels

Do you all charge guests when they ruin multiple bath towels on a visit? Or do you just chalk it up to collateral damage and replace them as a part of doing business? I have guests who destroyed 4 of my bath linens and took a door knob (weird, right?) 

thanks 

1 Reply 1
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Dana240 

A doorknob?! Yes, weird!

In general, I'd say, yes, just chalk it up to a business expense and move on. However 4 towels ruined is a bit excessive. How were they ruined? Stained with what? And how big was the group?

I had a towel, hand towel, and set of sheets ruined by a guest and I didn't request compensation, but I did mention it in the review. The only reason I mentioned it was because they didn't even say anything about it!

I would definitely reach out to the guest about the doorknob..."I noticed a doorknob missing after your stay. Do you know what happened to it?"

And if you don't get a reasonable response, please make sure you mention it in the review! Guests stain towels/sheets/etc. all the time and sometimes you may want to mention, sometimes not. But a missing doorknob is definitely something to mention in a review!