Deal with problematic guests

Hector14
Level 1
Madrid, Spain

Deal with problematic guests

Hello,

I just had a bad experience with a guest. Basically from the day they ARRIVED they started complaining. 

1. They asked if we had a cot, we said yes a travel cot. And then they complained travel cots did not had "proper" mattreses for babies? And that in ALL the HOTELS they stayed those were provided and bla bla. Ok  I told them buy one and I will refund you that.

2. But 3 days later they clogged the toilet. Probably the baby toilet tissue, or whatever. But fact is toilet was clogged badly. I had a guy fix it - but somehow it was MY fault? I do not care about charging for the repair, its not the point - but how they turned it to actually being something bad from my end and how they were not happy and so on.

3. To top things off, the faucett of the top bathroom is damaged, seems they have misconfigured the satellite WIFI and I likely have to send a repair guy and seems they broke or turned around (accidentally or not) the garden water outlet for the grass, sending water all over my terrace and on top of my next guest. Left garbage all over the place and so on. Not a very funny thing.

Now, how do you deal with this situation? I feel in a bit of a situation since If I raise the issues they will likely they will leave bad reviews.  I just wish them gone and dont care to see them again. So it is not even about the money. But what do you do to avoid having your reputation tarnished?

1 Reply 1
Louise47
Level 10
Maroochydore, Australia

You should make sure you give a correct review of these people so they don't do it to the next person.  If you normally have good reviews then I would not worry about what they say, besides you get a chance to rebuff them anyway. If they cost you by brakeing things then get your money back as it might make sure they don't do it again. Some people are just idiots.