Disappearing request?

Denise80
Level 9
Hamilton, New Zealand

Disappearing request?

Morning all,

I woke up to a reservation request that arrived at 1 am our time. I also had a reminder from Airbnb at 7 am. When I went in to accept the request, nothing there and it says 'R*****'s request is no longer pending'.

I didn't get an email to say he had withdrawn it, and I cannot see his name anywhere on my reserations.

I don't want to get 'pinged' by Airbnb for not accepting/declining but do I just ignore it or do I have to ring CS?

Thank you !

4 Replies 4
Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

It looks like s/he cancelled without confirming. Maybe they just had a re-think, booked a hotel then cancelled their Airbnb profile. It's not very polite but it happens. If you're unsure or want to check you could ask Airbnb cutomer service. Happy hosting! 

Tracey207
Level 4
San Diego, CA

This has happened to me also.

When a guest sends multiple requests to more than one host...only one property can be booked. So when the guest books one of the rentals they requested, the other requests go away.

Denise80
Level 9
Hamilton, New Zealand

It's Ok! I just this second got another email to say he no longer requires accommodation. He must have found somewhere else, so it's all good!

Denise80
Level 9
Hamilton, New Zealand

Thanks for the replies @Tracey207 and @Bryan10. Yes, I think theat is exactly what has happened. 

Happy Hosting indeed 🙂