Is this a fake listing? Help!

Mi18
Level 2
Houston, TX

Is this a fake listing? Help!

Is this a fake listing? This is my first time using AirBNB! My husband and I and our 6 kids under 10 are traveling to Europe and we found a AirBNB in London for two nights that is centrally located and seems nice! I asked how I get the inside the place and the host wrote back "I will meet you and give you the keys when you arrive." But there are no reviews. The host just added a second listing. Still no reviews. I then wrote the host twice in the last few days, but he has not responded. Advice? 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/38059257?bev_ref=&c=.pi80.pkYm9va2luZy92MV9taWdyYXRpb24vcmVzZXJ2YXRpb25...

36 Replies 36
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 Still there when I click the link...odd.

@Helen350  That is quite odd. 3 of us can't see it, and you can. Maybe he just put it up again?

As of now, the listing is still active. But the host's Response Rate is now down to 68%, which really should trigger a suspension.

@Sarah977   that's so weird...I just clicked on it and it is still viewable from my end!   😮

Jennifer311
Level 5
Port Washington, NY

Thank you Andrew! (and Elena)  good sleuthing, and you taught us all a thing or two. Sobering.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Maybe Airbnb temporarily suspended it while they were "investigating" (which might have been why some of us could no longer see it listed) , then found out he had a lot of properties and was bringing them in lots of money and instantly put it back up? As with the infamous AJ. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Mi18 ,

Thanks for sharing this here on the forum and thanks to everyone for support her on this case. I just shared the listing with the CS team and I will private message you about your reservation.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines