New Rooms & Spaces Classification - How is it working for you?

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

New Rooms & Spaces Classification - How is it working for you?

I logged in to my listing this morning, and I saw the new Rooms and Spaces options, so I thought I would go ahead and fill it out. No harm, right? Wrong!

I entered that there is one bedroom in my place, which is accurate: there is one bedroom with a bed and a pullout couch, and one futon in the office/front hall area. Because I only have one bedroom, it said I only have 2 beds: the futon in the front hall/office was removed, and there was no way to put it back in without changing my listing to 2 bedroom, which I don't feel is accurate. It was fine the way it was before, where I could state that there were 2 beds in a bedroom and another in a shared space. I'm concered that now, people are going to think that they're getting two seperate bedrooms.

Does Airbnb think about the ramifications of what they're doing before they do it, or do they just stumble around in the dark?

49 Replies 49

Yeah just got a message from CX saying they've reset it from their side, but it's still saying Sunday only from my side. 

Would you mind checking dates after July 5th for me please @Alexandra316

@Susan17 I checked later in July, and it's fine there also. I tried booking July 17th to 21st, and it would have let me book. I also tried searching with those dates and your place came up.

Perfect! Maybe just hasn't reset on my side yet. Thanks so much @Alexandra316

Sorry @Alexandra316, could I just ask if it was my Boutique Chic 2 listing you checked, or Boutique Chic 4BR? Just got another message from Support saying the agent is going to seek assistance on this. So I'm not sure what's actually going on now 😞

@Susan17  Oh no!  What the what?!?

@Ann72 - Shoot me now!!! 😵

@Susan17I can’t seem to find that screen at all, would you mind telling me where to find it on the app?

Your handle doesn’t seem to appear either so not sure if you will see this as a mention.

Thanks,

Leanne

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

I'm guessing all these latest glitches might have something to do with Airbnb adding the latest tier to the pyramid... Screenshot_20190626-213518.png

@Susan17 I bet you're right!

You might want to check your location/visibility for booked guests. I've had it set so that my details don't get shared with guests until after the 48 hour cancellation period has passed. And guess what, it's been unticked so I've had to re-select it and save it again.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Having gone through the steps, I don't understand why they don't have a box you can check if it's a whole home listing right at the beginning.  And it's weird for an American company to not have something designated as a TV room or den.  They have office, but not TV room.  Am I showing my age?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Yes @Ann72 , you are as old as your tongue & a little older than your teeth 😉 !!

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

I'm curious to see what layout changes they make based on this data. The floorplan I include in my pictures is far more helpful than anything they can devise, sight unseen.

Why on earth can't we name our own rooms?

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

This is the latest nightmare disimprovement, I'm so darn frazzled!

First my listing was showing the bedrooms as spaces shared with other guests & household members (yikes!) now it seems I can't have a guest suite option unless it's a whole house listing? 

I just messaged an instant booking to let them know they are getting a guest suite- which they may have figured out by reading my description (if it is still showing to them) so either I have made my first contact with them a reminder of what I can't provide or they will cancel as they were looking for a whole house, & I will get my IB turned off & they will lose their airbnb fees and probably use another site.  How is this good?

And why do I need to reconfirm some of the amenities I offer? And why are patios & balconies my only choices for outdoor spaces? I do have a tiny brick patio but the deck with sweeping views of San Francisco bay is what people rave about?   Is anyone else having to constantly re check off random amenites?? I don't know if the fireplace is even visible to guests now!

Things have slid far in the mere 18 months I've been a host, the guests have been great but the platform is a hot mess! I feel like we are succeeding in spite of all the improvements and any day now it will blow up.I'm ready to crack open the wine our last guests left as a thank you and it isn't even noon! Sally

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I've said here many times that Airbnb seems to have an aversion to proper beta testing procedures and quality control assurances. This latest problematic 'roll out' only confirms my suspicions that Airbnb simply tests things out on it's hosts with no concern for how we will be impacted. Kinda nuts.