New Rooms & Spaces Classification - How is it working for you?

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

New Rooms & Spaces Classification - How is it working for you?

I logged in to my listing this morning, and I saw the new Rooms and Spaces options, so I thought I would go ahead and fill it out. No harm, right? Wrong!

I entered that there is one bedroom in my place, which is accurate: there is one bedroom with a bed and a pullout couch, and one futon in the office/front hall area. Because I only have one bedroom, it said I only have 2 beds: the futon in the front hall/office was removed, and there was no way to put it back in without changing my listing to 2 bedroom, which I don't feel is accurate. It was fine the way it was before, where I could state that there were 2 beds in a bedroom and another in a shared space. I'm concered that now, people are going to think that they're getting two seperate bedrooms.

Does Airbnb think about the ramifications of what they're doing before they do it, or do they just stumble around in the dark?

49 Replies 49

@Rebecca181 True! I'd be interested to know how they arrive at these decisions, and who they talk to about them before they're made. What I really don't understand is why they don't let us know when things change: they have multiple ways to contact us, yet they just let us stumble blindly through it in the dark. if they're introducing a change like this, couldn't they send us a brief email explaining the change and how we should modify our listing(s)?

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

My latest booking just had an extra guest charge added and I DON"T DO THAT! And then the support person said it didn't happen- the alteration to her reservation adding the charge somehow meant nothing, my head's gonna explode

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Indeed, I had a seciond guest get an extra person charge - she sent me her booking details & she's being charges $200 in fees and an extra person charge.  I'm going to block out the last months of the year for now, part of the lure of doing this was being able to create a magical stay for really great people without dealing with the headaches of book keeping and collecting $  instead I'm trying to keep ahead of the next  blunder of a dysfunctional monolith and it is getting to me, Sally

@Sally221 That's really odd... how does that even happen?

Sorry to hear that you're giving up hosting. I hope you re-join us after taking a break. I think being an Airbnb host can take quite a toll, and the constant changes without support of notification certainly don't help make it easier.

Roy122
Level 2
Cabangan, Philippines

Does anyone know how to change the "Sleeping Arrangements" section .. on my laptop that section does not appear when I try to edit.. but when I preview the listing it is there and it is incorrect.. anybody help me??