Pre-approved guests

Pre-approved guests

Hello there,

Two guests (pre-approved) have decided not to come.  How do I remove their pre-approval in a way that frees up the calendar for others to book.

Thanks,

Ben

9 Replies 9
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Ben,
Fortunately you can pre-approve as many people as you like for the same dates or different dates because it does not put a hold on your calendar and you can accept first one to actually book. Once you accept the booking and it is confirmed by Airbnb you cannot go back and deny or cancel that reservation, so pick wisely and economically.
Good luck hosting!
Mirjam0
Level 10
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

If  you preapprove more  people, it is nice to let other interrested guests know  that you preapproved more people for the same date.

It was exactly what I want to know! Tks!

Justine0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Linda and any other Community member who can help,

Maybe a silly question but having only been with Air B&B since December 2015 what do you do when you pre approve a guest and then do not hear from them again?  Do you contact them to clarify whether they are still interested or do you just move on?  Currently I inform people that I have pre approved another guest for the same or overlaping dates.  I find only a small minority have the courtesy to hit the not possible button.

What is the proper form please?

Best regards

Justine

Hello,

I have the same problem. I pre approved guests and then you do not hear for them. Does the pre approbation cancel itself after 24h?

Thxs,

Mathieu

It automatically cancels after 24 hours.

@Justine0-
I usually archive my pre-approvals because they usually don't pan out to a reservation. I'm not in an area where there are big events or attractions that pull in guests that are vacationing. My guest come for work or career development and choice my place to be close to the internship or training location.
Justine0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thank you Linda. I will follow up with people and then archive pre-approvals that do not lead anywhere. 

Justine

Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

@Ben - I didn't mean you advise that you can actually cancel a reservation; NEVER cancel any reservation unless it is absolutely something catastrophic going on with your listing. What I meant is that you can REMOVE a pre-approval after you have confirmed booking another request. The end result is it will show on your ledger as an INQUIRY once the 24 hours have lapsed and the guest did not move forward on the pre-approval.