Review algorithm- lost super host status

Gwyneth11
Level 2
Acworth, GA

Review algorithm- lost super host status

I just got off the phone with Airbnb. 😡😡 I lost my super host status only because I have one guest who stays 4 times a month and does not leave a review every single time so I was 2% short of 50% reviews. I think it's highly unreasonable to ask her to leave a review EVERY time. She does leave a review at least once a month and sometimes twice.
If I were to remove this guest from the equation my stats are 5 star and 100% across the board.
They are going to review the situation and let me know if it can be corrected. I understand it's an algorithm, but it's also a REPEAT guest so clearly she is happy with my rooms (and therefore Airbnb) - I'm so annoyed I'm being penalized for being successful and having repeat guests.
Has anyone else had this problem?

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Gwyneth11

regardless of repeat guests, it is INSANE and unconstitutional that one citizen is penalized when other citizen fail to do something! 

Imagine if every shop owner is penalized if at least 50% of buyers do not rate it after every single purchase! OMG..we should have to write at least 5 reviews every day... bakery, grocery etc ... otherwise, all stores would be shut down .... and they would refuse to sell bread to elderly customers if they are not internet savvy  ...  Sorry, no review - no bread... die!  😄

That's just silly.  Two key measures of a successful business are repeat customers and referrals. It wouldn't be hard for Airbnb to factor that into the algorithm - they've got the data!

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Dont worry about losing your superhost status, It didnt make the slightest bit of difference to me when they took it off me I think people read your reviews and go from there, same with that Airbnb+ waste of time that is