Reviews from a previous listing

Susan24
Level 1
Tallahassee, Florida, United States

Reviews from a previous listing

I started with airbnb when I owned an average  place right on the gulf of mexico.  I had many happy guests that left positive reviews.  I also had 3 not so positive reviews.  It was always very clean and a great value for the money.  I sold the property last January and cancelled my listing with airbnb.  I have since listed another beautiful lake house that I own.  Why does airbnb insist on carrying negative but not positive reviews from the beach house over to the lake house reviews.  This seems very unfair. 

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Susan24,

I do agree that reviews should follow the host but they should not be applied to the new listing but I think this happened because Airbnb cannot attach it to a listing you cancelled.  I am not sure how else they can carry forward your past reviews.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

Dave. Let's say I sold my property. I don't have it anymore, so I need to close it. Would I have my previous reviews? Where can I see them? 

Hi @Vasiliy0,

If you sold your place and deleted the listing, the review would still show in your reviews however it would not name the location like your other reviews do.  

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host