The new calendar

Keith169
Level 1
Georgetown, SC

The new calendar

I hate the newest calendar format because it does not show the guest reservation all the way through to check out day. Now it is only check in with gray boxes up to the last night of the stay, then the check out day is a blank box. I have house cleaning and set up to schedule and if it is a check out and a check in on the same day, we have a tighter window for cleaning. I liked the calendar of a couple of weeks ago.

13 Replies 13

@Keith169 I guess not everyone has the new calendar; the calendar looks the same as before to me...

I wonder if AirBnB is testing a new calendar with some host accounts...

Well, I did give them negative feedback.  Thanks.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Keith169

Keith, can you possibly post a screenshot of what your current calendar look like.

It would be wonderful if we knew of these 'alterations' in advance but unfortunately we are not important enough to be privy to that sort of information!

I would like to see what is to come so I can work out a strategy to accept it!

Cheers.....Rob

Rob,  it turns out that my iPhone still has the old and familiar calendar. It only changed format on my Laptop PC.  Best I could do was take a picture of the PC screen. If you look past the distortion a little you can see that the Reservation shows only on check in day and the other days are gray boxes up to the last day, the one before check out.

Keith169
Level 1
Georgetown, SC

New Airbnb Calendar

Holly144
Level 2
Spokane, WA

I too have the new calendar on my PC. I hate how it doesn't continue on to the day of check out.  My biggest problem however is that the months are all wrong!  April 2018 is missing 2 Saturdays and ends with April 30th on a Wednesday! (It's on a Monday this year!) And May is missing 1 Saturday and ends with May 31st on a Friday (It's on a Thursday this year.) I left a message about the bug today.  I can't depend on this calendar at all!  Luckily my phone calendar is correct!

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Why does Airbnb seem to have a penchant for fixing things that are not broken? 

@Rebecca181 it is because the programmers want to be able to break things too.

They don't want the people who make the Cancellation Policies to have all the fun.

HA! (Is this their idea of creating job security - at our expense?)

@Rebecca181 if they did not do things like this, no one would know they were working.

Plus, now they get to work overtime to fix "the map bug".

@Matthew285 Are we talking about 'The Software Peter Principle' here? 

Linda734
Level 2
Coolum Beach, Australia

I also dont like the new calender format.  I find it incredibly difficult to understand.  The last calender format was easy to work and to understand.  Dont fix things that are not broken would be my advice. 

The new format is horrible -.  It's just a long horizontal scroll bar- that is very hard to read and hard to navigate.  I liked being able to see the whole month on one page... now I have to scroll to see a single booking.  Cannot imagine how anyone thought this would be an improvement.  I work in IT, and this is the absolutely worst web page / User experience design I think that I have ever seen.   There is tons of white space below the horizontal bar (that only displays a few days at a time... why not use that space to actually show us the rest of the month instead of making us scroll endlessly?