UrbanBound

Aexis0
Level 1
Seattle, WA

UrbanBound

Hello, Community- this is my first time posting here.

A woman "Jennifer" contacted me from a company called UrbanBound many months ago, and booked a month long reservation (during high season here in Seattle). She said she was booking the reservation for "Andy." Tomorrow Andy was due to check in. I contacted them a couple of times through the website to get an eta. No word back from either person. I then texted Andy who replied quickly via text (and outside of the website). He said he found housing so would not be needing the space and asked if some other guests he was having over the course of the month could stay there instead, for a couple of days. I declined because this sounded like a sublet situation to me. The cost to rent the space in high season was relatively high so I found it puzzling that neither Jennifer or Andy reached out to try and make a deal to reduce the cost or even just cancel the reservation. UrbanBound is a relocation service that plans business trips. Has anyone come accross this situation and do you think I was unfair in not allowing different guests to use the space? There are liabilities here.

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

As you might know, @Aexis0, the only allowable third party bookings on Air BNB platform is for business traveler and the booking person is registered with Air BNB.  If this was the case, then the booking agent could change the guest to another company employee.  

Thank you for that info. So the booking agent can change the employee but I am not obliged to the employee to let his friends stay there without him. That does make me rethink being "business" ready. Thanks again.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

As you might know, @Aexis0, the only allowable third party bookings on Air BNB platform is for business traveler and the booking person is registered with Air BNB.  If this was the case, then the booking agent could change the guest to another company employee.