Weekend pricing clarification needed

Phil181
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Weekend pricing clarification needed

Hi all,

I'm needing a bit of clarification around the way weekend pricing works. Hopefully someone can help me understand when it is applied to bookings.

How I understand it to work from the instructions are:

- Price can be updated for Sat and Sun at a higher rate (if smart pricing is off).

- Switching on weekend pricing will overide all Sat and Sun prices in your calendar.

My question is:

- Is the weekend rate applied for bookings longer than a weekend? So, if I book Mon - Sun, will Sat and Sun always be charged at weekend rate, or will it revert to the base price?

Ideally I want the weekend rate to be applied JUST for weekend bookings of 2 days. Anything longer, 3 days and above, I want the pricing to revert to the base price.

I don't want Sat and Sun to be a higher rate in every booking scenario, I just want it for weekend bookings alone.

Does it work this way? Or is there a way to set it like this?

Hope to hear back.

Best,

Phil

2 Replies 2
Alex893
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Phil181 

there is no. Your weekend higher rate will affect your entire week. Why would you want it higher on the weekend only? If it is just a little higher, it will not really effect 4-5 days stays on a grand scale so nothing to worry about but if it a lot higher, then once you take it off for a three day or longer stay you are basically giving them a free day or days. For the same amount of money, you might as well have someone there for fewer days. Also, if your weekends are valuable, even if someone is adding other days, they should stay pay fair value of your weekend. If you still feel you want this set up, you can offer a greater discount for week-long stays. You will still have your problem for 3-6 days though.

Phil181
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the reply. 

Thought this would be the case.

For our situation we have minumum costs to cover as maintenance and management can be quite high, therefore to open it up to a weekend market and not make a loss we want to bring in a certain return. This can be quite a bit more per day than the average day price across a week.

And yes you're right, for 3 nights etc there is a descrepency and in effect a night free can be had for the same cost which is something I'm trying to resolve now I have a bit of time to look at this.

However, this is not so bad as we are covering what we need to open it up.

As well as the maintence and cost to cover a short stay, for longer bookings of a week the market here is quite competitive, so having the higher weekend price as a mark up on top of the base price will cost us out of the market.

So my ideal solution would be:

- For the 2 night weekend market a fixed price.

- For any other bookings longer then advertised base price which would override the weekend price.

However you're saying it's not possible to have it this way.

I will look into the % discount for week long bookings though. This could be decent work-around.

Cheers,

Phil