When do I get to rate Airbnb?

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

When do I get to rate Airbnb?

I'd love a response to this from a community leader @Lizzie @Stephanie 

Every guest has the opportunity to rate me. I have the opportunity to rate every guest.

When do either of us get to rate Airbnb?

You take nearly 20% as a booking fee, but we don't get to rate you on value.

Your messaging system stinks. You broke the ability to respond to relayed texts. Sometimes notifications don't come for HOURS after sending, but we don't get to rate you on communication.

You have published policies which CS agents may apply or ignore as they wish, but we don't get to rate you on accuracy.

You hold me as a host to extremely tight deadlines (get this quote, reply to this within 24, 48 hours or else) but you don't hold yourselves to the same standards. It might be days, weeks, or never. Where do I get to rate the timeliness of your reply?

The ONLY time I've been asked to rate Airbnb was related to a particular agent's performance on a ticket. This isn't fair to the agent, when my issues are with the company and their policies. It's not fair to set the agent out as a sacrificial lamb.

You give hosts an entire dashboard of performance metrics. Where are yours?

You got rid of the "Host Voice" discussion board. Where are we to give feedback?

Why aren't you aren't willing to hold yourselves to the same scrutiny you give hosts?

17 Replies 17
Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

This is a great idea!

Let's all post "feedback" and recommend this to the management here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

I eagerly look forward to the response from Airbnb!

Here's my submission:

Airbnb has become a trailblazer in the lodging industry for many reasons, one of which is the encouragement of performance reviews for hosts and guests.
Please create a system so guests and hosts can rate Airbnb's performance for each stay and experience, include the following areas, and allow for specific comments and star ratings for each.
1- Membership/registration process/requirements
2- Platform ease of use
3- Support
4- Responsiveness
5- Value
6- Safety & Trust
7- Privacy
8- Accuracy
9- Booking/service terms
10-Cancellations
11- Gift certificates/gifting of airbnb stays/expereinces
12- Locations
13- Social Responsibility
14- Community relationships
15- Consistent Implementation of Policy and Terms of Service
16- Overall level of service
17- Overall impression
18- Suggestions
19- Concerns
20- Private comments

Thank you!

@Susan1028 Reading your list, I find it hard to believe that this has never been done. Why have we never been formally surveyed on our experience of Airbnb as hosts?

Great question @Rebecca181 !

They’re always saying they’re making changes to improve things, so send that as feedback too! 

(forgive me if I sound overly cheerful.  after the terrible news in Orinda, I’m feeling like a bit of fantasy might raise some spirits)