Work Collection and self check-in

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

Work Collection and self check-in

I have a Country Cottage in rural Vermont, currently the options that are in for self check in the work collection does not apply to my listing and numerous listings like mine, for example self check in with building staff? and other options that a rural listing are not going to have, it would be great if airbnb can add (self check in with host) as one of the work collection options.

any thoughts? See below for current work collection check in options.

Select a check-in method
Self check-in options

Smart lock
A lock guests open with a mobile app or keypad

Keypad
Guests can open the door with a code

Lockbox
The key is stored in a small safe, which guests can open with a code

Building staff
Someone is available 24 hours a day to let gu

Rubén
2 Replies 2
Niel3
Level 10
Llanberis, United Kingdom

2 of my rooms qualify for Work Collection & as I can always be around I just selected the Building Staff option in order to get listed as suitable for working folk. That the "building staff" is actually me doesn't really make any difference IMO, the guest is aware they will be able to be greeted by a real person when they arrive.

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

I did do the " buillding staff" in the past, however it popped up on my listings highlights, so when others clicked on my listing they had questions and concerns  as to the ruralness and privacy of the listing.

airbnb adding " self check in with building staff" started to confuse the non work collection guests who are about 99 percent of my visitors.

As soon as I noticed this pattern I then deleted work collection(self check in) from my listing.

(See below) before I deleted work collection it appeared in one of the 3 categories in home highlights.

as (self check in with buillding staff)

HOME HIGHLIGHTS

Rubén is a Superhost · Superhosts are experienced, highly rated hosts who are committed to providing great stays for guests.

Great check-in experience · 100% of recent guests gave this home’s check-in process a 5-star rating.

Great location · 100% of recent guests gave this home’s location a 5-star rating.
Helpful

·
Rubén