What Hosts are saying

Hi I host in Cape Town, South Africa. I have been hosting for just over a year now and I am a super host. We are well placed in terms distance to conference and wedding venues, having a facility that offers 1 night stays has been good for us as mostly peo... Latest reply by Anonymous
    Hello there! For many, hosting can be a great way to learn something new. Some of these things can be difficult to learn but others, to our own surprise, it seems that we were born to do them. That hidden talent that, thanks to the work of hosting, we ... Latest reply by Stephanie
    • PJMPHOTO19Q141-020519-Embed_LA-Amara-00162_RET.jpg
    Hi there, I was thinking about putting my property on air bnb but I go away for long periods of time so I wouldn't be there for up to a week after guests would check out. Is there any regulations about that, and is it advised that I have to check the prop... Latest reply by Sarah977
    I accidently started a listing as pet friendly but wish to specify that guests are not welcome to bring their pets (although we have a dog on the property which is specified elsewhere). For some reason this option is NOT visible to untick under amenities ... Latest reply by Emil68
    We have learned that the Airbnb platform failed to update its platform to collect the 14% TOT beginning 1/1/19. We had bookings made as late as 1/19/19 which still only collected the old 10% tax. We brought this to Airbnb's attention and it was suggested ... Latest reply by Kevin1056
    I have been trying to get a answers to a couple of queries. - Air is changing what info iCal gets from the shared calendar, if I use google calendar, does Air also limit the info google calendar gets- If Air has an issue with you mentioning other IT compa...
    I learned something new... but details not exactly clear to me.A regular bed normally has a headboard and a foot end, so it is clear in which direction it must be made ready to sleepBut after a certain guest has left, i noticed sleeping direction (pillow ... Latest reply by Sarah977
    Yet again I thought a guest was leaving a day earlier than they were. I'm curious if other hosts who feed your reservations to a Google Calendar see the wrong end date when you look at the detail for the reservation. Most importantly the reservation ends ...