guest left poor review for no reason

guest left poor review for no reason

I had a guest recently that stayed for just two nights. 

She rated me VERY poorly for cleanliness, which I frankly just dont understand. 

Only two stars. The place is very tidy, and clean. It is cleaned professionally weekly, and I do a quick clean before a guest arrives incl mirrors, vaccum and wipe down surfaces. 

The bedding and towels is washed and dried at a laundromat, and I make the bed myself on the day. 

I am only a new host, and my prev guest rated me 4 for cleanliness, which i think is fair as it is a home that is lived in, and there is a cat so with that comes food, litter and fur. 

I have asked her to give me some advise as to why the poor rating, and how to improve with no response.

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Georgina2,

I think you have done all that you can do by asking her through the messaging system for feedback.  Hopefully she gets back to you.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Rod11
Level 2
San Clemente, CA

I had a guest leave a 1 star rating for accurcy but 5 stars for everything else.  There is nothing that was wrong on my listing but she abused my home by bringing in 3 times as many guest as stated and paid for  (16) .  She left me a private "glowing review" and loved the place then leaves 1 star for accurcy.  Is there anything I can do to change this?  We are in a resolution now for breaking the house rules.

Thank you

Rod

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You can of course leave a public response to her review as cleanliness is one of those items that might put others off. Take time to think about what you will say and keep it concise.

Secondly, is it clear from your listing that there is a cat in the accommodation. Some people can be very sensitive to the smell of cat, cat litter, etc....

The home is professonally cleaned before and after each guest so I know that is not the reason.  Even so, they a left poor rating on accuracy.  They gave 5 stars on all other items.   Also there is no cat in my listing, nor do we own a cat.  We allow guests with pets to use our place though.

Thank you for your comments.