guests change their reservation date after accepting an offer

Janet533
Level 2
Abingdon, VA

guests change their reservation date after accepting an offer

I gave a reduced rate to a guest based on a 3 month stay. Now they want to change their reservation to one month. Can I change their rate for just the one month?

I made them an offer that they accepted. I feel that if I don’t accept their changes, I could lose the whole 3 month deal.

4 Replies 4
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

I'd renegotiate the daily rate since they're cancelling so much of their stay. If you can't come to an agreement, they'll need to cancel the entire stay subject to your cancellation policy.

This is a long-term stay, so you'd be paid for one month regardless of whether they stay or not. When is their check-in day?

This is a long term stay, so here's the cancellation policy:

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#long-term

Check in is June 2. 

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Janet533 You may need to consider following before you choose what kind decision you make

(1) Do you have a monthly discount in your listing? If yes, three months and one month discount are the same. You may just let the guests to alter the period because you still have one month time for your house to be booked by other guests.

(2) Did you give more discount than discount provided in the listing when the guests booked for three month? If yes, you can remove that additional discount and just ask the guest to change the request to normal one month booking.

(3) Do you listings have higher booking rate? If yes, you don't need to worry if your house can be booked after the guest shorten their stay to one month.

(4) As mentioned by @Allison2 , there is a long-term cancellation policy, you may just get one month non-refundable for a strict cancellation policy. And the guests are still staying for one month anyway, you may consider to accept the guests alteration request.

From my experience, I always accept guests' changes of their staying period for longer term guests.

My cancellation was flexible. I’ve never had a problem in the past with this level. I have since then changed it to strict. My discounted offer was greater than even the monthly discount. I was afraid that they would cancel the whole deal so I accepted their changes.