A Superhost award from Airbnb: nice or naff?

Answered!
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A Superhost award from Airbnb: nice or naff?

This shiny little trinket arrived yesterday, all the way from California. A small number of other London hosts have been awarded one too.

There's a bit of a debate going on as to whether they're nice or naff. 

I like it, I think. 

What say you?

IMG_8765.jpg

1 Best Answer
Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

wow twenty times! 5 years! That's not easy. One bad review or a cancellation can derail you. Good on you mate! I'm about halfway there myself. 2-3 more years maybe. 

View Best Answer in original post

62 Replies 62
Shaun69
Level 10
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom

@Gordon0  Well done Gordon it takes a lot of work to be so consistent so I vote for nice!

Be Happy Shaun

Ingrid394
Level 2
Harderwijk, Netherlands

Nice,  I like it! The bling-bling style would not fit my accommodation, but personally I like it 🙂

Congrats!!

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Well done @Gordon0 ! 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Gordon0 : All recognition, is to be applauded, in this “tall poppy syndrome” society! You all deserve it!

Denis71
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Super host is an annual award, how can one be a 20 times super host if Airbnb started in London around 2012, surely not in 2000 or 1999. Am I seeing fake news?

this year I might receive a super host, but my response rate to messages is 87%, when 90% is required. I noticed that early on and read and answered the messages promptly, but the 87% hasn’t changed.. so I have questions how the assessment works for first timers. is Airbnb going to reassess my response rate score? Or is such marginal score ok on this parameter?

my overall ranking in the last year is 4.7 and I’m aiming at 4.8. What about this margin? Is it very strict? Is the ranking from those who pay weights more than those who come for short trips?

anyway, I’m constantly working and finding ways to improve my small home based business. Request to admins to read this @Quincy 

@Lizzie 

i have time until the end of the month to improve my scores, I got very close 😄

this award looks like YouTube button. That’s a super initiative imho 

@Denis71 

Superhost is a quarterly award, not an annual one. 

Denis71
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I see now. I thought so because they take into account data gather for the last year, but they do it every 3 months, alright

@Denis71  What do you mean, "What about this margin? Is it very strict?" 4.8 will qualify for Superhost, 4.7 won't, it's pretty straightforward. And no, there is no difference in weighting for a guest's ratings whether they stay for 2 months or 2 days. 

Good luck on getting your scores up this month. But don't be too concerned about chasing the Superhost carrot. That can cause a lot of hosts to get stressed out. Just do the best you can to have happy guests and be a happy host.

@Denis71, Superhost is quarterly assessment, not annual. You only get bonus once per year (for being superhost 4 times in a row). But you obtain or loose status every quarter. So it takes 5 years to become 20-times superhost.

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

wow twenty times! 5 years! That's not easy. One bad review or a cancellation can derail you. Good on you mate! I'm about halfway there myself. 2-3 more years maybe. 

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

It's naff.  If they send me one it will go straight into the bin. 

A year ago they sent me a 'hand drawn' picture of my guest room in a white frame, done on a computer of course, and  (oddly) with an extra plant added (!).  I thought about the time, effort, materials, postage, the fact that it was a gift, that they thought I would be pleased...  I kept it for a couple of days then threw it in the recycling bin.  I didn't want it, it didn't match my house, I had no use for it and nowhere to hang it. 

A small reduction in their fee to me or my guests would have been more useful.

Eric1369
Level 1
Pineda de Mar, Spain

Congratulations @Gordon0 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Gordon0 

You're a very good boy, here's a key to your own house so Airbnb can make a fortune on it and you do all the work.

Show me the money....

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I don't think I've done too bad from Airbnb, @Cormac0, and it's not like they're passing themselves off as philanthropists. My wallet would certainly feel a little slimmer without their product.

Alameda0
Level 2
United States

Love the humor in many of these responses - congratulations to all! I did receive a key but the note attached was inscribed with someone else’s name ... oh well, today, I received the “you made SH 21 times” email and I’m happy .. and so are my guests! It’s about the guests .. always.