Airbnbs Automatic listing removal is broke esp as a superhost i was given no ability to appeal

Paul661
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Airbnbs Automatic listing removal is broke esp as a superhost i was given no ability to appeal

As a super host with over 1000 reviews and nearly 2000 stays it unbareable that airbnb still uses an algorith to suspend your listings without any human input. Esp a superhost with this many reviews surely it has to be in a category of dont unlist by AI until a human looks at it or very least calls me.

To often you can get a few low reviews in a row, 90% of them come from new users to airbnb i do the right thing for my profits and airbnb platform by giving  everyone a go.

But the general line goes.. review comment Nice place, easy to find affordable but nothing to do nearby. over all review 1 or 2. Or the most common one i tell the guest in the message thread that they cannot breach a certain house rule as  they mention they will. Again bad reviews 1 or 2. Airbnb refuse to take them down as the less the type or dont respond they say no breach made.

End result my listing is suspended for the 5 or 7 days I appeal it they say the AI does it we cannot overide it.

Great peak snow season here the few months we actually make some money (we host at low profits to support the towns to get people in)

Its completely random re who you get to provide support but isn't the superhost support line supposed to be beter?

Any airbnb managers want to assist, were at the point now that your only supporting the guests not the hosts, booking.com and stayz is looking good day by day so we dont have to deal with this. Your taking nearly 20% each booking we expect better.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Paul661 Some of your reviews suggest you do not clean between stays and rely on the previous guests to leave it clean. Most of our guests leave our place looking clean but it still takes us hours to properly clean. I think the Covid introduced cleaning protocols are still in place and wonder how you can achieve these with the guests cleaning.

We do, we dont let guests know officially as we want them to leave it as good as possible so the cleaner is in and out in a few minutes. Hence not charging a $175 cleaning fee for each guest