Dishonest, messy guest and cancellation policy

Nika1707
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Dishonest, messy guest and cancellation policy

Hi Airbnb community, 

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek advice and assistance regarding a recent situation with a guest who booked our apartment for 82 nights but later decided to cancel their stay.

The guest initially informed us that they needed to cancel because they found a larger apartment suitable for their family of four. Unfortunately, instead of proceeding with the cancellation process properly, the guest presented a false claim about roaches and safety issues knowing that Airbnb does not issue a refund for long term cancellation (for the upcoming 30 days). Airbnb promptly canceled the reservation based on these false allegations.

Upon inspecting the apartment after the guest's departure, I was dismayed to find significant damage and neglect. The condition of the apartment was far from acceptable, with food remnants, crumbles, and stains throughout. No wonder bugs appeared!

The vacuum cleaner had been discarded on the balcony in extreme heat, and the apartment had clearly not been cleaned throughout the stay. This resulted in greasy stains, marks on walls, and stained furniture, including the ruined stove and mattress protector. This is particularly troubling as the apartment was newly renovated with brand-new furnishings just a few months.

What steps can I take to address the damage and prevent it from happening again?  This was my first guest, I did not put deposit request or high cleaning fee. 😞

WIth all the long term discounts, bills included and now this I almost made 0 € but had a lot of stress...

Thanks so much for any tips!

1000015976.jpg

1000015977.jpg

0 Replies 0