Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Do hosts supply breakfast cereals?

Answered!
Joy362
Level 1
Wales, United Kingdom

Do hosts supply breakfast cereals?

I supply all condiments , tea, coffee, sugar, milk, biscuits, sauces, soup so that if they are late there is something there for them, washing tabs and conditioner, all bathroom requirements.

Do I need to supply cereal? 

Top Answer
Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

@Joy362 

I really enjoy cooking and hosting and do advertise breakfast.  I promise home made organic granola, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and condiments, so folks know they can have a relaxed morning enjoying the cottage and beautiful grounds without having to leave for breakfast unless they wish to.

I also provide maps of local groceries fish markets, and farmers markets in my house manual if they want to cook in and enjoy some of our famous fresh local catch.

Making your own granola is simple, inexpensive, you can change it up based on ingredients you have, i make it gluten free, and it only takes 30 minutes from start to aromatic and toasty cinnamon finish. I present mine in an old fashioned mason jar on the counter next to the jar of fresh ground organic Sumatra, and French press and drip coffee makers.

If they’re staying 2 or more nights, I add fresh eggs, some good bread, jelly, and if I’m in the mood and have time I might create a home made fresh baked quiche, muffins, or pastry.

Condiments, butter, cooking oil, and basic spices are givens as well, and I do inquire about dietary preferences in advance, appreciating food sensitivities myself and wanting everyone to feel loved and cared for.

Anything beyond what’s promised is a surprise I enjoy providing and my guests are equally inspired. 

I concur with the others; do it if you feel moved to, but if it’s not in your listing it’s an unexpected bonus 💖

View Top Answer in original post

46 Replies 46
Jody79
Level 10
Chicago, IL

We don't advertise breakfast, but do provide breakfast bars and instant oatmeal (along with coffee, tea and hot cocoa).  We stay away from anything perishable such as milk, unless a previous guest leaves some behind.  Then we'll leave it for the next guests, checking for expiration dates every now and again if it doesn't get consumed.

You can also use a refrigerator or fridge if you are looking to preserve various perishable foodstuff for a longer period of time.