Entering a rental to drop off supplies late at night

Answered!
Nhat26
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Entering a rental to drop off supplies late at night

Good Afternoon,

So here the story, a guest after check in told me they were missing toilet paper in the bathrooms. I Don't get off work till very late because i'm in the restaurant business. I informed the guest that I will be dropping some off after i get off of work which turns out to be at 130am. 

Before I dropped it off, I knocked on the door with no response (assuming they were sleeping), Crack the door slightly open and then dropped off the toilet paper inside without ever stepping foot inside. 

Was I wrong for doing this?  The guest later complained that I Violated their privacy. Will I get in trouble for this and will this affect me as a Superhost as well?

1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

It was definitely a mistake, and of course it should serve as a teaching moment. In the future make sure toilet paper is in place and always leave items by the door. I doubt someone would have stolen the toilet paper at 1:30 in the morning.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Nhat26 

You are in the wrong entering the property especially that late at night, How come basic essential's like toilet roll's were not checked before the guest arrived?

I have seen guest put a claim in for a refund, It will most likely get mentioned in the review

Another question I have for you, why are have you got a photo of Kuala Lumpur? when you are from Vietnam whats the idea of that? 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Nhat26  you could have simply left the tp in a bag hanging on the doorknob, and sent them a message explaining that. 

Do you have a listing though? You aren't a superhost, or a host? 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Nhat26   You were wrong.  NEVER, EVER enter a property when the guest is there UNLESS invited in by the guest.

If I had been your guest and found that you had opened the door or entered the apartment at 1:30 AM I would be calling AirBnB to report you, requesting a refund and moving to a hotel immediately.  I would act the same way if I were in a hotel and the maid came in while I was sleeping.  DO NOT ENTER or even open the door.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

It was definitely a mistake, and of course it should serve as a teaching moment. In the future make sure toilet paper is in place and always leave items by the door. I doubt someone would have stolen the toilet paper at 1:30 in the morning.