Customer service updates, payments, and more in the latest Host Update with Catherine Powell

Airbnb
Official Account

Customer service updates, payments, and more in the latest Host Update with Catherine Powell

BeloRauschBG.png

The past few months have been a tough time for all of us, especially hosts and guests. We’ve been listening closely to your feedback in all its forms and working tirelessly to create solutions because we know that encountering delays—especially when it comes to customer service or payments—is incredibly frustrating. 

In the latest Host Update, Catherine Powell sits down with Tara Bunch, our new Global Head of Operations, to offer transparency about how we’re strengthening our customer service team and to explain more about our payment process for hosts. Once you’ve watched the video, we’d really love to hear from you. Please let us know what you’d like covered in future Host Updates with Catherine. As always, thank you for sharing the topics that matter to you.

Visit the Resource Article

245 Replies 245

@Katie @Airbnb 

@Airbnb 

Hello

Please contact when you have reviewed this serious health and safety matter.  Thank you.  Let me know if you need the confirmation number since my husband booked the July stay in Colorado.

DS

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Doreen123

I have just checked in with the team again and they asked that you contact them directly - you can follow this link to do so, or if not then take a look at this guide for other ways to contact Support if you're not able to message them. 

I've been waiting 7 days, so far, for Customer Service to tell me why payment is two weeks late, or better yet, process the payment.  I did get an email response saying they were turning it over to another team to investigate.

@Dee--and-Barry-0 @Katie @Airbnb 

I have a payment from November 2019 that I still have not received. Every time I contact them I am told that it is a computer glitch and they are turning it over to another team to investigate.  Then they close the case.  

Anybody have any ideas how to get some attention.  

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @May156, welcome to the Community Center, and I'm sorry to hear you've had this issue. I can see you've already sent me a DM so I will get back to you with more details 😊

No-- threaten or take  legal action?

Customer Service did respond late yesterday (9 days after initial inquiry) and released the payment today (Sept 10).. The explanation for delay is that the host's bank did not, for an unknown reason, release the payment as scheduled.

I am waiting for a call back from a supervisor.  No payment today 24 hours now 32 hours after check in and the rep told me 3 days to process through PayPal at which time the guest will already have check out!!! No money until after checkout... NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!! 

Sandy366
Level 2
Athelstone, Australia

I too am awaiting a payment for guests that checked in 47 hours ago. I contacted the the support team 31 hrs after check re the payment delay  and was assured payment would be processed that same day.  

So frustrating,  today  I message the support team  again and have received no response

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sandy366, welcome to the CC, and I'm sorry to hear you've had a delay on this payout. I have just sent you a DM with some more info on your case, so do take a look when you get a second 😊

Hello there,

This is Ewa B. from California.I have been a host for 7 years and have several listings.I had been missing 6 payments from June 12-15 2020 for over $1700. 
Payments were sent to Clearbank ,bank who I had a loan trough Airbnb few years ego.

The loan was paid off and the account was inactive. So I never received these payments.
When I contacted with customer service they said that can not located the money.

Clearbank received the money but when was no recipient(me) he sent it back to Airbnb..

i don’t understand how is difficult to get the transfer information??I called the bank and they said that only Airbnb can follow up with the refund since they sent the payments.

I called and wrote many messages to Customer Service regarding my missing payments .

How can I get my money back?? Which department to contact. Does anyone have the same issue? Ewa

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ewa8, welcome back to the CC, it's great to have you 😊 I'm really sorry to hear about your issue with your bank. The Support team have let me know that you've been in touch with them for a while now, so I'd advise you to stay in touch with them and they will continue to assist as best they can. 

Hello Katie,

thank you for your response . I’m really upset because is unbelievable how customer service can’t follow up the payment information from the bank? 
Airbnb sent money to Clearbanc , the bank which is not mine anymore . I asked the team to contact the bank to get the right tracing number for the return but no one even get in touch with them. I got only respond that proceeding payment doesn’t have idea where is the money? Of course they process million  transaction daily. 
I spoke with Clearbanc and I can’t get any more info about this transactions since this account doesn’t belongs to me anymore was closed in 2019 and only sender Airbnb can follow up with them for right information. I need help with this please. Does Airbnb takes responsibility for misplacing hosts money?? There is 6 transaction made in June 2020 and now is October and no one knows how to locate the money??? ..How can I get my money back??? Sincerely Ewa Bonini

Payment has now been  released (Sunday)

I have been waiting for this call or my delayed payments for 2 months!