#Contacting Air BnB

#Contacting Air BnB

Has anyone ever been able to contact Air BnB and received a response - I feel like I am just going round and round in circles chasing my tail.  I posted two questions over the last few weeks about how to update my calendar and listing and have received no responses. Meanwhile, there seems to be a flood of hundreds of other questions on other issues and subject sconstantly being posted - most receiving none or few responsed - there really seem to be more questions than answers.  

I have tried submitting my query directly to Air BnB but the pro-forma, but having written out my question, I can't send it due to what I assume is a fault on the page that won't allow me to press the 'submit' button. 

As hosts we all seem to be asking questions of each other that Air BnB should rightfully answer - I am not normally a conspiracy theorist, but are we just being scammed into believing that we can answer each other's questions while Air BnB (and others like it), erode our autonomy, take no responsibiity, have no accountabilityand laughs all the way to the bank.

I hope that at least one person replies to say that they understand what I am talking about.

Yvonne

38 Replies 38

@Jane-and-Warren0 - What exactly is the issue you are having? This Help Discussion room is designed to get help.  Tell us what's going on and we're likely to be able to give you a hand.  We're all other hosts here - some of us have been around a long time - we are likely to be able to assist you and get your problem solved faster than someone on the phone.  

I want to update the Guidebook for my listing in a very rural part of Newfoundland, Canada, where most business are not in Google's database and there are no street numbers.

Also, another airbnb less than 1/4 mile from mine is showing up on Google Earth as a point of interest.  That would be OK, but it has also gotten merged with an actual point of interest, and when I try to add that to my Guidebook, my competition shows up as the title on the entry.  I want to mention the real point of interest without advertising the competition, but I can't untangle them.  Are we all subservient to Google now?

There is also a new cafe I want to add, but it's located in the firehouse (very very rural!) and airbnb titles it Firehouse instead of the cafe's actual name.

Several someones on the phone (and a bunch of unconnected calls and unanswered emails - are there any humans in abb HQ anymore?) have been utterly useless, so anything you can offer is better.

@Jane-and-Warren0,

I just tried with my Guidebook and looked it up in a search. It seems the Guidebook is powered by Google only. If it doesn't show up on Google, then you aren't going to get it in your guidebook. Another option is to have a cut and paste email ready with information for guests as well as a printout in the room.

I hope that helps.

Any idea how to reach Google about an error of theirs?

A local point of interest is somehow linked to a nearby airbnb cottage, so that house pops up when I enter the point of interest in the guidebook.  I certainly don't want to use my guidebook to advertise a competitor!

@Jane-and-Warren0 Just Google: "how to add a location in google maps" for instructions.

Thank you!

The problem is that Google sees that Google sees 2 separate locations as one and the same, but I took a stab at straightening that out abd also fixed a bunch of other things in out little rural outpost.

Quincy,

I have emailed many times, but I have gotten just 1 reply, which only raised more questions.

I have asked for a call-back, and gotten dead air or half an hour of hold music.

I have called and had the call dropped before I could even speak.

The system is badly broken.

Here's the problem: a competing rental has gotten linked in Google with a local point of interest I'd like to have in my Guidebook, but I don't want to advertise my competitor, as they actually have no connection with p.o.i., not even near it.

Trisha13
Level 1
Leicester, United Kingdom

Unfortunately, I have had a couple of occasions when I have had to call ABB ( being assaulted by a guests on Xmas eve ) and whilst they are very pleasant, chatty and sympathetic ... in reality they do nothing. However, for anyone who wishes to vent their frustration (and achieve nothing) ... something I can't stop myself from doing... here are the contact phone numbers that I have used ......  UK.  ...0843 504 7257.  ... 020. 3318. 1111 . Good luck. Chin up . 

Wow @Trisha13 Assualted ? Sounds horrific!  Did you involve the police and what did Abb say afterwards?

Don't know what the UK number would help anybody other than Britons but every country has its own number as seen here:

Contact Airbnb

Cindy200
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi Grenada,

The only way that worked for me to contact them was via Tweeter.  And even then, no body would actually come to the phone. Everything is done via e-mail and they respond at their own leisure.  I am currently trying to get a resolution for a guest that coast me almost $8,000 in damages and they keep stalling.  There is no one to speak to in person.  It is extremely frustrating and disappointing.

You are absolutely right, they are just another greedy corporation making money on the backs of people who need some extra income.  I'm starting to believe they are no better than the terrible guest who scammed me. 

Igor55
Level 4
San Francisco, CA

They love getting money without giving back the service they are paid for. 

Luke73
Level 8
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Dear @Yvonne32

I have some issues going on recently, and I contact to Airbnb through this link: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/ . I think the Airbnb customer team is really responsive and supportive. They just help me solve problems today. 

Harriet4
Level 6
Enoch, UT

Airbnb has become a great venue for people like my husband and I to earn a little extra income as we are senior citizens on a fixed income.  I guess we have been very lucky to have had fabulous guests but we are present in the house all the time 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Kathleen164
Level 2
Chilliwack, Canada

Dear Yvonne...yes this is what i am having trouble with too ! I am so frustrated..I want to change my photos because i have improoved my place and added some nice pillows on the couch as well as a mirror above it...a new duvey cover etc. and I can't for the life of my find ANYWHERE to change my photos except my profile photo ! I am really bewildered ! What is going on I wonder. It seems that there are no personel from the bnb people to help us !