Damage deposit

Answered!
Yunnie0
Level 2
Kelowna, Canada

Damage deposit

I had a group of guest who left damage on the carpet and bedding and request damage deposit sent.

But they said they are waiting on Airbnb to email them for the details which I don't know what is the process for it.

Let me know what is my next step is.

Yunnie [Personal information hidden]

1 Best Answer
Sora0
Level 7
Singapore

Go to Help > Our resolution centre > select the guest that you want to claim from > enter the details you want to claim.

Once done you can discuss with the guest. If it does not come to any conclusion after 3 days. You can escalate to airbnb. Airbnb then will contact the guests.

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Sora0
Level 7
Singapore

Go to Help > Our resolution centre > select the guest that you want to claim from > enter the details you want to claim.

Once done you can discuss with the guest. If it does not come to any conclusion after 3 days. You can escalate to airbnb. Airbnb then will contact the guests.

How do I escalate to abnb....it's been a week and nothing back on damages done at house

Hello, did you get anywhere with your damage claim? My name is Paula, I have also been battling with Air B & B for over a month on a damage claim. I have gotten terrible service to zero services. I believe they do NOT really have a host Guarantee?  I even listed a damage deposit in my listing. Provided photos & estimates for repairs/replacement costs? Nothing but lies? My Co-workers are Attorneys who are advising me to submit a formal complaint against B & B with our States Atty. General. Due to the fraud, they are committing. False advertising.  Bait & switch methods to sign up hosts, all very illegal in Minnesota.  Let me know how things progressed on your end?  Thanks, Paula 

Just as a heads up, air B and B are simply look for the transaction money. Even if you include damage deposit, they don’t charge it up front. 

I think I’m going to start to declare this as a separate amount.   Not worth the few dollars if they trash your place 

Paula, I too sent all proper information, pictures, even statements from people that saw the damage done at our vacation home.  We received terrible communication , and never an answer to our questions!  When all was said and done, my $2000 deposit meant nothing.  We were treated like criminals and received $78, of the $396 replacement cost of our stove.  I will contact my cousin who is an Attorney General and perhaps these fradulent, biased people will be brought to justice.  Donna

wrote:

Hello, did you get anywhere with your damage claim? My name is Paula, I have also been battling with Air B & B for over a month on a damage claim. I have gotten terrible service to zero services. I believe they do NOT really have a host Guarantee?  I even listed a damage deposit in my listing. Provided photos & estimates for repairs/replacement costs? Nothing but lies? My Co-workers are Attorneys who are advising me to submit a formal complaint against B & B with our States Atty. General. Due to the fraud, they are committing. False advertising.  Bait & switch methods to sign up hosts, all very illegal in Minnesota.  Let me know how things progressed on your end?  Thanks, Paula 

Hi, we had to drop the hole mess at the last minute due to family.  I have learned a lot through this process;  Always take a security deposit, we ask for $400 before arrival date.  Always have a contract signed before arrival date.  I added a Menu of charges also.  This way if they left trash in the house or did not bag it properly they are charged for our time $10.  Dirty dishes $10.  Missing stained, ripped linens $15.  Shampoo carpet for stains $35.  Moving furniture back $20.  Extra person charge $10 per night per guest. There are a few other things on the contract that seem to help!

Good luck to you, Donna

Harry77
Level 1
Reno, NV

How do I change the damage deposit for a specific guest?

Hi, better late than never!  I just found your question (sorry). go to edit, find the area for extra charges and put the amount you deem fair for whatever reason.  They are supposed to pay up to that amount through Airbnb.  However, we ask for $400 deposit for security before check-in, along with a contract before they arrive. I hope that helped...

Donna

Cathi1
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

help   @Catherine-Powell   Will our claim against Irina be similarly dismissed?  

We're ready to quit AirBnb hosting over the damage done to our home.  

So I know this is off topic but what’s up with Airbnb not collecting the damage deposit in advance ??? Then you have to report the damage before the other guest checks in even if it’s same day or you can’t even get the money. Then if they do award you the damage deposit they can’t collect it because the guest has changed payment methods or disputed the charges. Airbnb can’t even collect the damage daposit? They should collect it in advance and give it back to the guest 24 hours after they leave just like hosts get paid 24 hours after the guest arrives!

Hi Shaneal,  I just realized your message was here...sorry!!  I always collect $400 before they check-in along with a signed contract stating a deposit of $400 is due before check-in along with a contract that states the same. Of course you can add your deposit amount through Airbnb, but it never worked for me.  I was burned very badly for a stove a guest ruined.  We did not have a receipt for the cost of the stove, so they wouldn't ask for damages LOL!!  This way I have some leverage and can deduct damages from the $400!

I hope that helps....Donna

My last lot of guests were harassing me for the deposit to be returned even before my cleaner had started checking the apartment!  After returning the deposit they were still requesting its return!!

They must have been hiding something??  Sounds suspicious...

Cathi1
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

@Catherine-Powell  Will our claim vs. Irina be similarly dismissed by AirBnb?  

Ready to quit hosting over her damages to our home.